Tein S-Tech Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tein S-Tech Springs

Does anyone have any experience with these springs on an s13. I was thinking about getting them since I'm riding high on my stock suspension with 17's. How do they ride or should I wait to get coilovers, I'm thinking about Tanabe or Jic. If anyone has them and has some pics I'd greatly appreciate it.

Just save your money for now and buy the TEIN Type Flex w/EDFC. This set up is great for beginers and is very versatile all the way through the pro ranks. Do it RIGHT the first time!

Good Luck

Comment

i have them on my S13 and they work great. I also have on KYB GR-2 so i don't really know how the Tein S-Tech rides on the stock shocks and struts. I give my springs 8.5 out of 10. It rides stiffer than my friend's $180 TenzoR springs. I only got mine for $94 on Ebay and it was brand new too. It's good for beginners like me and guys on a budget. I highly reccomend it though. Common bro...its Tein we're talking about.

Comment

Well, money's kinda tight, even though I've got 2 jobs over winter break, so I'm not sure about the Flex's at $1400 and then 350 for EDFC, it's pricey. I planned on the s tech's to be temporary. How about the HE's they're about $1100 but, I don't think EDFC compatible, I'm not sure which are. Is the EDFC worth it. I don't mind a harsh ride that much since I don't drive too far 15mins. to school and about 5 to work. I know I want coilovers but can only spend around 800 right now which is why I'm looking at Tanabe.

Comment

Well if you do plan to get coilovers later but will be daily driving the car you really won't want the Type HE Dampers. The spring rates and valving is completely different than TEIN's street applications. I assume that you are looking into the Tanabe Pro Type 2 coilovers. They look pretty good but I can't find any information on the spring rates. If you are looking to get a coilover system that you can set up for drifting or track use later, you should look into the TEIN Type Basics or Type SS Dampers. For about the same amount of money you are getting a much better suspension. You always have the option to revalve them and change spring rates. You could potentially make a type Basic or SS exactly like the HE's later. This is all done for a fee by TEIN but it is something to think about.

Good Luck!

Comment

Are the basic's or SS's compatible with EDFC. I was wondering if you had the EDFC, I'd like to know more about it from someone that has it. I've heard that the HE's aren't that bad for daily driving but, I don't remember where I read that. If you have a pretty good set up on an s13 let me know about it. Are Tein's tie rods any good? I need some and was thinking of going with these.

Comment

The Type SS is EDFC compatible but the Type Basic is not. The EDFC is a
              handy tool to have while driving especially if you like to drive
              aggressively. On the street you can set it to soft, so you don't feel
              like you hit a pothole for every little bump you run over. Then when you are on the highway and want to take a freeway ramp at high speeds you can set your damping force to full stiff.

The tie rods are beefier than oem or oem replacements and you also have the option of a spacer for additional steering angle. They are very good for drifting setups but add to the safety of
              your daily driver since they are alot stronger. You may also want to look
              into the Pillowball Tension rods. They will increase your steering response alot and also helps keep your toe alignment in check at high speeds.
              Last edited by 110octane; 12-07-2004, 05:50 PM.

Comment

wait to get coilovers? the price between those brands you are looking at and springs is a big gap... if you are looking into suspension for drifting i'd look at budget coilovers. search. im pretty sure more then one person has taken pics with s-techs. although i dont think the drop is that much.

Comment

The tie rods will get rid of the annoying steering wheel shake at about 60 mph right. I know that my tires are balanced since I just had them mounted and balanced when I got my wheels. When I'm on the highway the steering gets kinda vague and I was told that the tie rods will get rid of that. Did you replace yours? How hard was it? Are the tension rods easy to install also?

Comment

Tein does offer the HE's now compatible with the EDFC. Actually, they are called *Super Drift HE* Pickup one of their new 2005 catalogs.
                    Last edited by VersionS13; 12-15-2004, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X