Sil forty conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sil forty conversion

Godigy here, sup yall. Wanna no wat parts are need to transform the 240sx into a sil - forty? Wanna try this my self and on top of that, where can I go like websites to buy front clips of the silvia w/ or w/o the engine. Drift On peeps!

Hood, fenders, grill, bumper, lights.

Comment

Re: Sil forty conversion

Originally posted by godigy
      Godigy here, sup yall. Wanna no wat parts are need to transform the 240sx into a sil - forty? Wanna try this my self and on top of that, where can I go like websites to buy front clips of the silvia w/ or w/o the engine. Drift On peeps!
      what did you want too do just swap out the pannels or do a whole SR+Silvia+VLSD conversion too your S13 ????

what info would you want too know ?

Comment

its called a sil-80 not a sil-40. Not the correct term in japanese terms. sil-40 is probably what ricers call them. Get it right!

Comment

Sileighty... I prefer this term but I don't see why Silforty (I prefer spelling without numbers or dashes...) couldn't be used to better distinguish a 240SX Silvia front-end conversion from a true Sileighty (Nissan factory job or one made from a real JDM 180SX).

It's not a ricer term, IMO. Ricers don't have the refined tastes required to appreciate a car like the Sileighty

Comment

What if he has a coupe? Then it is a car that says 240sx on the back and Silvia on the front (assuming he keeps the stock grille). Why does it matter what anyone calls their car. I call my car LOVEMUFFIN around the house and B!TCH on the track. Does that change what it is? NO! If anyone is a ricer it is you. Pointing to popular names already coined by the cool hardcore guys of way back when, probably when you still thought girls had coodies and recess was RAD.

Comment

lovmuffin's right...you sound like a lot of the bubble gum tuners around my way, just relax man

Comment

I no its a sileighty but hey I dont live in japan and drive around in a 180sx unlike here in the US, 240sx, duh. Anyway I have a 240sx hatch, and jus want to do a siliva conversion on it including the sr engine and manny swap.

Comment

There is jsut a good enough reason to try and "name" your car as there is to not name it....its all becuase there really is nothing to it its not a big deal if u wanna call it luv muffin or a silvia front 240sx rear and if u have a non RPS13 it will then become a silvia conversion anyway not a 240 anymore.....

hey pal i aint knocking ya around i agree acually with your sil-40 there is a buddy of mine taht has done wat u would like to do....hes got a redtop and a silvia front conversion on his 240 and guess waht....his licence plate says

SIL-40 on it....

its nice man Apex power fc ecu and a garret turbo its bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*...but back to your question at hand waht u will need is

1: TIME about a 3 day peroid for the swapp if u know how to wire it it takes like 1-2 days to drop it in....

2: CASH its not cheap i talked to the guys at mikenny motor sports and they sell the front end kit for 950 and BTW the silve grille is a bad idea my buddy removed it cuz the car wasnt running well with it ( restricts airflow )

the kit includes the following

silvia hood
                  2 fenders
                  2 lights w/harness
                  stock front bumper

you will also need

an SR20det red top
                  ( black tops are pricey and rare)
                  engine harness
                  tranny

and that should be it for the most part
                  IM SURE IM MISSING SOME OF THE LITTLE THINGS

BUT for the most part thats the bulk of it all

i know mickenny motor sport can supply you with anything u really need
                  (i dont know if i spelled that right )

Comment

Don't be an idiot, shell out the cash and buy a clip. You will spend the same amount if money on the whole swap and save yourself the fecal fest of trying to find all the stupid little parts you are missing. I would also suggest at least getting upgraded struts and drop the car a little bit first. Then secure ALL the stuff to make the car run, take a few days to get the swap done and working right (if you want, paint the inside of the engine bay black and only black if you plan on using and abusing the car). After you are done messing with making it run correctly. Put the other front end on and either do all the body work yourself (most front end swaps have small dents and such) or get the body work done and have it painted.
                    Last edited by LOVMUFN; 12-07-2004, 11:19 AM.

Comment

wats a good place now to get a front clip?? i remember flash options was cheap but also has law suits against them because the didnt deliver to MANY customers......

the engines from mickenny also are garunteed to run a front clip is a sure shot....and if he gets both kits from mickenny it will be about as much with possibly less shipping and hauling....

if u can get a few sites that are selling front clips taht would be wonderful!
                      Last edited by --DriftKing--; 12-07-2004, 11:51 AM.

Comment

its called a sil-80 not a sil-40. Not the correct term in japanese terms. sil-40 is probably what ricers call them. Get it right!
                        actually sil40 is what an american would call it because thats what it is silvia front end on a 240sx.thats how you name your conversion like a skyvia r34 skyline front and s13 silvia back, skyfiro skyline front cefiro rear, onevia 180sx front silvia rear the list goes on dont shoot him down when hes right and even if he wasnt he got his message across as to what he wanted.

Comment

Working...
                        X