legal or illegal mod????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legal or illegal mod????

i have almost finnished my s13 silvia ute, and am currently looking at cutting the front inner guards out then using brackets to support the headlights,guards and radiator

what are your thoughts on this?? as far as the pipe frame extension or replacement rule goes???

i have seen this done on a fair few ae86 with the v mount intercooler set up , also on the top secret/orc z33 but the rad panel unbolts factory so probably doesnt count.

Its true everybody go to the site listed in his signature he is building one hell of a drift machine.
    Wow if you wondering if its legal does this mean ill be able to see it cruising the streets of hamilton soon.
    Are you entering it in D1NZ 2005 because it would truly be awesome to see. Definitley more distinctive than the camo or cop wsr cars.
    Do you reckon its worth turning my skyline into a ute or has this project driven you crazy?Nah just kidding I think Ill leave to you crazy conversion boys at d-unit with your laufiros and utes and so forth.
    Good Luck with it all.
    Last edited by rb20; 12-21-2004, 05:32 AM.

Comment

is this for legal street use or track use, do you have some sort of inspection for your cars, we do here in viginia, and there realy picky. if it is for the street, and you have to get it inspected, it probly wont fly, but compition wise it might be fine. im not shure.

Comment

i was meaning as it drift rules, our d1nz rules are the same as d1 and formula d , i have been told some may view it as a tube chassis front but i cant see how, it will still have complete chassis rails, as the bumper support bolts to these, its just the sheetmetal inner guards i want to get rid of along with the radiator support panel,its just makes getting engine and box out in a hurry very simple,

yes this car will be competing in d1nz 2005 season, and will also be street driven, my cert guy has no problem with this mod its just a question of drift legal or not????
        Last edited by drftn13; 12-21-2004, 11:56 AM.

Comment

i wouldnt see it as a tube chassis, i wouldnt think anyone at d1nz would get that fussy over it, from what ive heard the rules for that kind of thing are just for the drivers and other competitors safety, i mean after all it is just a solution to a problem, these would be classified as custom brackets- a custom bracket to keep your lights in and i would think it would just be seen as another innovative modification- of which there are many in the d1nz pits

Comment

Not a bad site man!

Post up some movies sometime soon

Comment

Working...
            X