wiring gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring gauges

my gauge has been acting up lately, so its time for a new water temp qauge. i am not quite shure the process of instalation for the guage and i was hoping for some suggestions.'

i am going to get a gauge and some wiring, what else do i need?

should i get electrical or mechanical?

if someone could help me out i could start driving my car again and that would be great.

thanks alot, merry christmas

nobody here has wired an aftermarket watertemp gauge?

Comment

dude man,
      its pretty well straight forward

depending on wat ur car has got... im guessing eletrical
      buy another eletrical guage
      usally the ones u buy for $30 (down here in aus) are pretty well simple and most other high end brands are the same for their basic range.

any way usally theres ya power so earth it and wire the positive to say ur auxilary/ACC power in your fuse box so it turns on when you turn the key. take the wire that comes out of ya sensor and wire it to the gauge, now that you've done that you can now get a reading from your guage and all thats left now is the led light simplely hook that up to your dash lights so it will dim with your dash lights.

well thats basicaly it you can get other gauges that are slightly different like more wires for the sensors and most gauges come with there own temp sensors... and they will come with instructions so don't worry.

l8r

Comment

i wired it with the wires that were from my stock water temp in my gauge cluster. that didnt work. when i first turned it on the readings jumped to 260 in about 2 seconds.

so i take wire from the sensor and wire it to the gauge, but wont my ecu get weird readings? do i have to splice into so it can go to the ecua nd gauge? it looks like there is more than 1 wire coming from the sensor, wich one is it? or did you mean the sendor?

sorry for so amny questions but youve hepled alot so far.
        matt

Comment

it might b your sensore thats not working or the wrong sensor for that particular gaugue

any ways i would recomend tracing back those wires to see where they go and if they are broken

l8r

Comment

because the gauge i bought uses a 1/8 npt sender, i would have to drill a hole some where for it to work. what i did is order the coolant hose adapter from nissport and the sender goes right there in the upper radiator hose

thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
            X