RX-7 (3rd gen) drifters- have a "accusump" for oil flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX-7 (3rd gen) drifters- have a "accusump" for oil flow

I have been reading some tech articles on the car and track racing. One thing they suggested was a product called a "accusump" which will keep oil flowing through the car during "long sweepers" and I figure with the ammount of latteral movement the car will be going through there is a chance for oil starvation. Have any of you used a product like this to keep the engine healthy?

thanks

to me an accusump is a waist, it also takes away oil presure from a fast reving motor, since it has to fill up anytime you rev the motor. I havent heard of anyone blowing up their motors cause they are in a turn too long. Maybe if all you did was run a small oval track then you may consider having one.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

It's not about length per se, more about the amount of lateral grip generated by the car and partially a function of where the oil pickup is located related to the direction of travel.

A car doing a show drift should not have problems with oil starvation due to lateral acceleration.

Comment

If you are going to slide an FD, you need to worry about alot of more important stuff than some accusump. You'll spend all your money just upgrading the important stuff. I would worry bout that accusump later. Radiator, hood, intercooler....all that comes to mind first off. If you haven't blown over 5 grand in just the needed mods, I would be real suprised. Also start socking money away for a new engine unless you got one hell of a tuner and even more money to throw at it to build a bulletproof engine. Sliding an FD is an exspensive hobby. You can keep that FD and daily it, buy an s13 chassis and beef it up to slide for less than you will spend just to get that FD slideworthy not too mention if you blow an engine.

Comment

Ghost- I think you might misunderstand. I am by no means a "newbie" when it comes to an RX-7, especially an FD. The car is being put together as we speak. And its not 5k, more like 15k. I have already worried about all the other stuff..
          new engine
          new turbos
          large fmic
          koyo radiator
          custom ducting
          scoot hood (feb)
          new oil cooler
          removed ac
          new fuel system etc etc etc.....

so yeah, I have done my work on the car and that is why I am asking about the "small stuff" now.

BTW- this is not my daily, the saturn is.

Comment

Working...
          X