3A SCV in my Corolla?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3A SCV in my Corolla?

Well if you didnt know..I've been working on my project corolla since august and i have a question....normally you would think the a sr5 corolla would come with the 4AC engine right?....
    ok...then what the hell is this??!!

Looks like out of an old Tercel

Comment

I think its something you need to take out of your car and throw away! Not to be rude
      BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

its a quad turbo w16, JDM yo...

Comment

well...that sucks....hey Alex, I will if you give me a better one...

Comment

Apparently it's a 1452cc A-block with a Swirl Control Valve (whatever that is), from a 1987 Tercel, pushing out a chassis-twisting earth-moving tyre-shredding 62bhp. It has a different bore to a 4A though, so no easy crazy 3A-GZE hybrid options. The upside is they run over 35mpg from anecdotal evidence, but still not much of a drift car engine. The previous owner of your Corolla probably blew up the 4A and just picked the cheapest replacement option. Unfortunate event really, at least it's unusual.

edit: Apparently the JDM AE85 came with a 3A-C, 90bhp, no mention of it being badged a SCV though.
            Last edited by pez2k; 12-28-2004, 06:46 PM.

Comment

didn't the AE85 come with the 4AC?

Comment

Sure no problem, I just called the guys at the junkyard and told them you needed a new motor, they said its cool. So just go down there and say I sent you. Then you can pick out any motor you want. I'm sure it will work.
                BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

damm hella tyte... thats great for alex to hook you up.. good looking out

Comment

Originally posted by sochinkyeyes
                    damm hella tyte... thats great for alex to hook you up.. good looking out
                    haha i dont its happening buddy

Comment

hahaha thanks alex... ...well imma probably do the 4age high comp swap then....only 400 for the engine so why not...
                      well thanks for the info guys...

Comment

Working...
                      X