KA24DE-T or SR20DET?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KA24DE-T or SR20DET?

i have a 93' 24o hatch, and the ka in the car has over 200g miles on it, and i was thinking about rebuilding it and turboing it beacuse of the torque the engine has, and i really dont know what would be the best option for that car....im just starting to drift and i wanna take it further and the car just dont seem like it has enough power right now...plus it has a really weird 5grand rev limiter right now and i cant figure out why....well ne ways....what do u think would be the best bet for me.......

The KA vs SR camps are as divided as the Chevy vs Ford camps. I like em both. I like the KA a little more though due to the torque and the ability to go to Autozone and get parts for it unlike the SR. You can do the same thing with the KA that you can with the SR and alot more people are seeing that now. All depends on how you feel about it. Plus companies like Core Performance Products are starting to build KA crate motors with turbos. They should start putting them out early 2005. So the KA is coming back.

www.coreperformanceproducts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
      The KA vs SR camps are as divided as the Chevy vs Ford camps. I like em both. I like the KA a little more though due to the torque and the ability to go to Autozone and get parts for it unlike the SR. You can do the same thing with the KA that you can with the SR and alot more people are seeing that now. All depends on how you feel about it. Plus companies like Core Performance Products are starting to build KA crate motors with turbos. They should start putting them out early 2005. So the KA is coming back.

www.coreperformanceproducts.com
      ahha ya i second the plug for core performance products, ka-t crate engines is awesome, so um ghost when you gonna hook a brother up with one. i can test its umm soul power ahaha but ya the ka vrs sr is a huge contreversial topic, just pick whichever you want, you can do some searching for specific examples.

save your money and hook up the suspension

Comment

SR- 175whp
        KA-T running 8psi boost- 230-240whp

Prices are roughly the same.

Comment

well what about putting boost on the stock internals? is that save for daily driver or would i have to get rings and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*? and whats the most a daily driver KA can hold?

Comment

www.ka-t.org
            has all the info u would want on the ka-t

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
              STOCK SR- 175whp
              KA-T with big turbo and custom tuned turbo kit - 230-350whp depending on what you do

Prices are roughly 2/3 for the ka-t than the sr

Comment

Ris, you're wrong. In order to get more than ~250whp from the KADE, you'd have to upgrade the pistons to forged pieces with larger ring lands. That'd increase the price by about $600, putting it over the cost of an SR, not to mention you start pushing the stock MAF sensor when you start running big numbers.

Big turbo? No. Disco potato is plenty big, and I've seen pretty good power with just a T25.

Me>you.

Comment

with the right tuning and a decent block to start with the ka's can easily handle 300 plus ponies easily dd.

phat kat just managed 500+ whp and a gazillion punds of tork on stock ka.

i am not saying that that car could be daily driven or will handle the abuse for long. i just want to note to the jury that its possible.

i think you should go ka. i pieced together a gt28rs and jim wolfe=
                  ecu kit togethor on the internet and for really nice things, including dp, fuel, maf, fmic i was under 3500, all the way down to fuel pump gauges and oil lines were calculated in this.

get whatever you want

you can go get parts at autozone for the sr also

Comment

Not a stock KA. Did you read his upgrade list?

Aftermarket pistons, rings, pins, shotpeened factory rods, ARP head and main studs.

Stock cams, head, intake manifold, throttle body, and ignition, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X