3" exhaust???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" exhaust???

I was thinking about putting 3" exhaust on my stock 1997 240sx cept I don't know if it will work for the 240 I forgot what they called it because it was stock like there wasn't gunna be enough air flow or pressure or something but if it is possible where can I get the parts and what are all the parts that I need to put 3" exhaust on my 240

what does this have to do with ur drifting technique, this should be tech discussion

Comment

dont get a 3" exhaust unless you have a turbo. It will hurt your car instead of help it. or it will give you worse performance. the reason is you want some backpressure on naturally aspirated cars. If you have a turbo you want as little backpressure as possible. Best way to go is buy a 2.5" full exhaust from one of the leading exhaust manufacturers (HKS, Greddy, Apex, Tanabe, Fujitsubo, RSR) Alot of nice exhaust systems can be found on ebay.

Comment

You guys... Seriously, the KA24DE doesn't need back pressure when it's N/A, this has been proven several times over that 3 inch exhaust improves HP.

We are not dealing with a small 1.6L honda engine, plus the KA has a 96mm stock, which doesn't need jack *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* for back pressure.

Go for the 3 inch, you will gain HP even without a cold air. If you can't take my word for it, the search the forum for the dyno charts on here and on Zilvia. Hope you can get a good exhaust setup Dc2TyP3R

Comment

I just gutted a semi truck at a scrapyard for mine

Comment

i dont know about the 3 inch thing, i mean if its proven than ignore me but back pressure is needed for any n/a motor, its all a matter of how much, i think you will have better results with a 2.5 whatever you do dont delete that cat, we did it to a friend of mines car and lost a whole 1.2 seconds off his quarter mile, so i say a 2.5 would be better for you unless you were looking at swapping in an sr.............................

Comment

3 inch?

Originally posted by GotNismo?
              i dont know about the 3 inch thing, i mean if its proven than ignore me but back pressure is needed for any n/a motor, its all a matter of how much, i think you will have better results with a 2.5 whatever you do dont delete that cat, we did it to a friend of mines car and lost a whole 1.2 seconds off his quarter mile, so i say a 2.5 would be better for you unless you were looking at swapping in an sr.............................

ok so i'm gonna be putting an sr into my '90 240, and does that mean i want to get a 3" exhaust or what?

Comment

for a turbo the bigger the better (no exhaust is actually best) horsepower wise, but when going with a full exhaust system yea 3 inches is awesome, some companies (such as APS) make 3 1/8 or 3 1/2 inch exhaust, pending on your application

on my sr, i have a greddy downpipe (3in), a heavythrottle test pipe (3in), and an espelir catback (3 1/8in piping 5 in tip) and i am very pleased, not to loud and lets the turbo breathe so much more efficiantly

Comment

Originally posted by Realchaos1
                  You guys... Seriously, the KA24DE doesn't need back pressure when it's N/A, this has been proven several times over that 3 inch exhaust improves HP.

We are not dealing with a small 1.6L honda engine, plus the KA has a 96mm stock, which doesn't need jack *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* for back pressure.

Go for the 3 inch, you will gain HP even without a cold air. If you can't take my word for it, the search the forum for the dyno charts on here and on Zilvia. Hope you can get a good exhaust setup Dc2TyP3R
                  Yeah I had a 3" on my KA and it definetely added power, just get it, that way if you go turbo, your good to go

Comment

Originally posted by GotNismo?
                    for a turbo the bigger the better (no exhaust is actually best) horsepower wise, but when going with a full exhaust system yea 3 inches is awesome, some companies (such as APS) make 3 1/8 or 3 1/2 inch exhaust, pending on your application

on my sr, i have a greddy downpipe (3in), a heavythrottle test pipe (3in), and an espelir catback (3 1/8in piping 5 in tip) and i am very pleased, not to loud and lets the turbo breathe so much more efficiantly

ok cool thanx, i was gonna make mine a street only at first, then make it track only (maybe) so that should work

Comment

Working...
                    X