I love my Sr but now going KA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my Sr but now going KA...

Well i'm over here in Japan, had my 180 for about 2 years now, I love my SR. it's time to go back to the states, I am not wasting money sending my motor back, I think i'm going to expand my horizons and start learning about the KA. Anybody know
    if it sounds as sexy as the sr with straight pipes??? of course with 2 1/2 inch exhaust installed....Grr I love that sound..

i ran my s14 straight out the cat. (too lazy to fix it) it was loud as hell but it was kinda fun to set off my brothers gf car alarm everytime i left my house.

Comment

but did it sound good though like a growl sound... really throaty...deep u know?

Comment

I'd be running the SR with 3" piping.

Comment

Originally posted by tiger
          but did it sound good though like a growl sound... really throaty...deep u know?
          it was deep and loud. louder then a turbo mr2 running open downpipe (if you can imagine that). i wouldnt do it unless it was a track only car.

Comment

Re: I love my Sr but now going KA...

Originally posted by tiger
            Well i'm over here in Japan, had my 180 for about 2 years now, I love my SR. it's time to go back to the states, I am not wasting money sending my motor back, I think i'm going to expand my horizons and start learning about the KA. Anybody know
            if it sounds as sexy as the sr with straight pipes??? of course with 2 1/2 inch exhaust installed....Grr I love that sound..
            2.5"???? is your SR n/a or something hahahaha... thats fairly small!

- adz

Comment

no, it's not NA. 3 inch exhaust.. sorry.

Comment

haha... its ok :P

you americans need to adopt the jap language...

straight pipes? haha - dont straight pipes belong on chargers and LS1's LOL... turbo back exhaust without a cat is what you mean im assuming :P

and my advice from what ive researched KA24DE is *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*... youll munch through headgaskets with a turbo bolted onto it due to compression ratio bein all whack

stay with CA, SR or RB... its a proven... none of this trying to run forced induction through an atmo block - youre asking for bent everything!

us aussies are lucky - we get all the imports from JP and even our locally made nissans run the good motors - ka24de is only used in nissan vans here

- adz

Comment

no I meant straight pipe exhaust...no cat.... no muffler. There is no set language for what we should call a import exhaust, jesus christ.... i'm living over here, a straight pipe is a straight pipe. most people over here don't have cats. it's just plain exhaust.. straight pipe is straight pipe, nuff said. Since when do you know anything about the Japanese language?

Comment

Originally posted by pitchd
                    haha... its ok :P

you americans need to adopt the jap language...

straight pipes? haha - dont straight pipes belong on chargers and LS1's LOL... turbo back exhaust without a cat is what you mean im assuming :P
                    Straight pipes are straight pipes. It would just be pipe, no mufflers no cats no nothing, as he said. You don't get out much do you?

and my advice from what ive researched KA24DE is *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*... youll munch through headgaskets with a turbo bolted onto it due to compression ratio bein all whack
                    From what I have seen detonation will cause blown up headgaskets like that, and that is a tuning issue. Also, you can use heavy duty metal headgasekets (copper I believe) that are designed for boost. You could also o-ring the block I suppose. If you are consistantly blowing headgaskets out of it you really don't want to do either of these things....headgaskets are much cheaper then blocks.

I know there are people out there running solid and fairly reliable numbers on the KA. I am, however, not really the person to ask when it comes to both turbo setups and tuning or the KA.

Comment

ahh the internet needs emotions/voice tones

keyboard warriors lower your keyboards please!

it was sarcasm to some extent.. im just not used to it down here as we just call em just a straight through system/turbo back system... "straight pipes" down here are used by the muscle car guys... different languages for different scenes is all!

youd be much better off going for a metal headgasket btw... its just common sense - unless you want to spend big money to get reliability out of an atmo motor - dont bolt a snail onto it... atmo and forced induction blocks are different due to the fact they take different levels of stress

in the end... i still believe CA18DET, SR20DET or RB20DET would be a much better bet considering you really need a reliable motor to take drifting competitively and seriously... not only the money factor but also consistancy!

goodluck with it,

- adz

Comment

well, you should have acknowledged the fact that we are from two different places and we don't always use the same terminology and not wasted your time telling me what you think I should call my friend's exhaust. Just forget your stereotype about exhaust terminology k?

Comment

sorry to post twice but im not trying to be mean or be a b*tch. Just saying.

Comment

you can use the edit function hun :P

and i was just being sarcastic... it hasnt been a good start to the new year for me so my appologies

and to answer your original q - KA and SR with exhaust wont sound alike at all

- adz

Comment

yea, it's ok. maybe i'll just work on my suspension and other things and later take out the KA and get an SR. I don't know anything about the KA's. If I come across a smashing price to ship my motor i'll do it. I just need some info about the little mods you have to do when you put it into the 240.

Comment

Working...
                              X