Ser2 Rx7 for drift racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ser2 Rx7 for drift racing?

i was thinking about taking my rx off the road to do it up for drift and wanted to know if anyone has done this before me and if so could i get some advice on the parts you used.

What sort of sospension setup, diff center 1.5 or 2 way that sort of thing would be very helpful thanks.

by series 2 you are referring to the SA22 chassis still?

if so... i used to own one (it was my first car) - 12a extend port with locked diff and KYB damper adjustables with kmax springs and whiteline swaybars...

dont even bother... the chassis is so narrow that you have next to no control with angles and the chassis is also short so pretty much youll be turning you drifts into ringies all the time as itll be prone to just swap ends on you

in the end - upgrade to an FC (S4/S5)

if youre referring to the FC in the first place then disregard my above comments...

for an FC - standard drift setup applies, good stiff coilovers (tein's would be the most easily available to you guys in the usa), tension rods, rear upper arms, camber tops, front and rear sway bars, front and rear strut braces and a 1.5-2 way mechanical LSD (Kaaz, Cusco, Mazdaspeed etc)

- adz

Comment

Well, one of our Land Ho guys, "Mr Migs" dirfts his SA22 along with his S14. His car is stock with a welded diff, haha, so not ideal, but he makes it work.

Also Kyle Mohan drifts the crap out of his SA22 (I think Kyle has a 13B with Mikunis). Come to a JustDrift event and you are likely to see Kyle showing off what the SA22 can do.

Comment

I bet it's an FC - 1986-1991 year models...

LSD from KAAZ, Cusco, OS Giken, etc.
        Stiff suspension - any number of options available
        Get the power up.

I know a lot of people are going to gasp, but get a Turbo II.
        NA's are very hard to get the power up over 200hp.

Comment

if your drifting a first gen 200hp NA is fine
          my SA22 weight is 2,300 and has 190hp at the flywheel
          works great, ground control suspension the car is ok for drifting but truthfully there are better cars...call me at mazdatrix and i will tell everything you need to know about setting it up. We also carry all the parts i used.
          562-426-7960
          ask for Kyle

drift it
          SA22
          Jic 240
          and now grenade 240

Comment

Working...
          X