KA, 200 HP without turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KA, 200 HP without turbo?

hello, well i have a 95 240 and was wanting info on the best way to get about 200 hp without going turbo, looking to make it all engine. thanks in advanced

i drive a 91 and i'm shooting for 240 NA

all i can say so far considering i'm on a limited budget, is get a tuned exhaust: headers, and 2 1/4in pipe (NOT a 3in+ exhaust tip like so many other dumbasses out there) go with a good intake, K&N air filter, NGK plugs/wires, get a nice distributer, pulleys, Cobra MAFS, different ECU or have ur stock re-programmed. Have ur motor built properly. and if u can't get 200 out of that, just go out and get a few bottles of nitro and blow ur motor up... lol

also check out www.automotiveforums.com

Comment

i think this would get you close

custom itb
      porting and polishing
      10.5/11-1 comp. pistongs .20 overbore
      jwt cams and cam gears
      unorthodox pulleys
      headers
      cat-delete pipe
      exhaust
      light wight flywheel
      electric fans
      distributor
      aluminum radiator
      removed emmisions
      fuel controler or ecu

ya, this would deifnantly give you 200 horsoepower. maybe a 3 inch exhaust.

if you wanted to spend alot of money and go crazy you could either get a sr20ve, or destroke the ka to 2.1 or 2.2 liters.

for the money its just not worth it. all that would prob. cost you atleast 3000, for that price you could have a t28 ka setup, wich would be very fun

Comment

Originally posted by OH240SE
        i drive a 91 and i'm shooting for 240 NA

all i can say so far considering i'm on a limited budget, is get a tuned exhaust: headers, and 2 1/4in pipe (NOT a 3in+ exhaust tip like so many other dumbasses out there) go with a good intake, K&N air filter, NGK plugs/wires, get a nice distributer, pulleys, Cobra MAFS, different ECU or have ur stock re-programmed. Have ur motor built properly. and if u can't get 200 out of that, just go out and get a few bottles of nitro and blow ur motor up... lol

also check out www.automotiveforums.com

dont post again here. you are an idiot. thanks.

and that 240 na power in reality is gonna be like 180 if you have a factory freak. nice try though.
        Last edited by Ris4drift; 01-02-2005, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sdtouge

ya, this would deifnantly give you 200 horsoepower. maybe a 3 inch exhaust.

if you wanted to spend alot of money and go crazy you could either get a sr20ve, or destroke the ka to 2.1 or 2.2 liters.

for the money its just not worth it. all that would prob. cost you atleast 3000, for that price you could have a t28 ka setup, wich would be very fun
          definatly a 3 inch exaust. the ka has enough displacement to needt hat much. dyno proven.

sr20ve sucks compared to ka. just get a new crank for as much as a sr20ve and your totally in business.

it is cheaper to go ka-t than pioneer all motor ka right now. which is why im giogn turbo right now.

Comment

i was suprised when i saw that dyno, i thought that it would add some power but that was amazing. almost 15 extra hp up top. quite impresive.

i want to go kat also. do you ever go on ka-t.org? i am planning on getting a sohc manifold from jordan over there. lots of info over there. nicos section is pretty good also.

its cool how many people are getting into ka's now

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
              dont post again here. you are an idiot. thanks.

and that 240 na power in reality is gonna be like 180 if you have a factory freak. nice try though.
              "DONT QUOTE ME BOY, CAUSE I AINT SAID *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*."

And i dont understand why some of you insist on putting turbo exhausts on fully stock motors? Ur gonna call me an idiot when in reality you should read a bit more about torque and backpressure. Its common sense that if u want a faster car u try to keep a hold of ur torque, not piss it away with a huge exhaust.

Foolish peck, u must've thought real hard about ur post... So much that u actually had to edit it...

Keep ur insults to urself... thanks

Comment

did you not see the dyno of the stock ka with three inch exhaust?

i didnt think so. dont go all crazy when you dont know what your talking about.

dyno graph link:
                http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...t=exhaust+dyno

go to post number 14

Comment

Sdtouge- Thank you for pointing that out to Sir Fecktard.

josen- Search! This HAS been covered before. (By me, I believe)

Comment

thanks 1000000x for that link about the 3 incher lol

Comment

Originally posted by OH240SE
                      "DONT QUOTE ME BOY, CAUSE I AINT SAID *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*."

And i dont understand why some of you insist on putting turbo exhausts on fully stock motors? Ur gonna call me an idiot when in reality you should read a bit more about torque and backpressure. Its common sense that if u want a faster car u try to keep a hold of ur torque, not piss it away with a huge exhaust.

Foolish peck, u must've thought real hard about ur post... So much that u actually had to edit it...

Keep ur insults to urself... thanks

ok dumbass. 3'' has been dyno proven to make more power on a n/a ka. thanks for making an idiot outta yourself while posting incorrect information though.

Comment

and ka-t.org is a good site.

Comment

us>oh240se

i just felt like doing that, sorry everybody

Comment

ok it may be dyno proven, but aren't you forgetting that its most likely a silenced 3"? Probably also dynoed with headers a good intake and no cat. Indeed that will free up hp, i agree with that.

I however dont agree with your elitest attitudes and ya'll can keep taking turns sucking eachother off, and i'll continue to squash those 3in pipes with my foot when i walk by them.

So talk all the garbage you want, I tried to help the dude who made this thread. Maybe next time you try to get into a pissing contest about which stranger on drifting.com is more of a n00b, you'll remember that ur additude just makes you look dumb.

I'm done with this thread, hopefully you are too.

Comment

the only thing you sqaush with your 2.5 incher is poo

actually, i believe that car was stock besides the exhaust.

you fied back all crazy style and now you are trying to act like the biiger one.

i like cheesecake

Comment

Working...
                              X