Drifting on Ground Controls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting on Ground Controls?

I'm wondering if anyone has drifted with ground control coilovers, or is running them on their car? I know they're not the best for the track, but I was just seeing if they could withstand a littl drift practice?

Re: Drifting on Ground Controls?

Originally posted by RoadblockTDX
    I'm wondering if anyone has drifted with ground control coilovers, or is running them on their car? I know they're not the best for the track, but I was just seeing if they could withstand a littl drift practice?
    sure they'll be able to handle it, i mean people drift on stock suspension and setups like that all the time, so sure, it'd be able to take it.. if you get more serious about it though, you might want to get JIC's or Tien's or something to that effect.. you'll be infinately more pleased with them

Comment

They work just fine. AutoX and Drift events. I have the GC's coilovers on KYB AGX, feels fine, it feels about as stiff as my friends coupe on GP sports

This vid was me on the GC's

http://www.clubfr.net/media/EricDU.mp4

Mine will be up for sale soon , looking for around $500 for coilover and dampners.

Comment

Ground control, coilover sleeves and seats are really popular with AE86's... but the springs are too soft..

Comment

the AGXs dampening is adjustable and really makes a big difference when u set them high. The spring rates really arent THAT bad, i think mine are 6/5. Its not a track car setting but i have very minimal roll (as u can see ^^) They were great to learn on but, but now im going to Tein HE's .

Comment

if you get ground controls from the right distributor, you should be able to get them in any rate you want. and most 240sx the ground controls are listed as "race only" because it is highly recomended you run aftermaket shocks, also because you have to cut the stock spring perch off to slide the sleaves down to the right hieght of the shock for proper travel and shock stroke.

not sure what car you are talking about, roadblock, but i assume 240 since that seems to be what everyone wants these days. or "hachiroku" but that involves quite a bit of work to run ground controls all around. or you can get the T3 coilovers for the ae86 at www.technotoytuning.com they are excellent products.

*EDIT* almost forgot yes the AGX shocks are also excellent. i have them on my 240 with eibach sportlines. i have adjustable springs very similar to ground controls going on the car one of these days... they are just sitting in a box right now. i cringe when i think of taking a grinder to those pretty AGX's to fit the sleaves on!
            Last edited by ae86shinchu; 12-22-2003, 04:15 AM.

Comment

if you order direct from ground control, they can make a stiffer spring set, u supply the specs and they will make it. It should be the same retail price. I know a few peps that did that for thier cars.

Comment

Working...
              X