Idea for less tire wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for less tire wear

I realize that this idea is weird but here goes. I know that you can make cheap intercooler sprayers with sprinkler parts fron Home Depot. Why not put them in the rear wheel wells to spray water on the tires on demand? Wouldn't this cut down on tire use?

i was thinking about something like this so0 when your parked it will spray off the dust and you wont get parking tickets.

thats a good idea, you shoould make one a let us know how it goes

Comment

hahah that would be pretty cool.

Comment

Well, you know how easy and quieter it is to slide in the rain, I was thinking about using the sprayers to wet the ground directly in front of the tires to induce the loss of grip.

Comment

Originally posted by Appleseed
          Well, you know how easy and quieter it is to slide in the rain, I was thinking about using the sprayers to wet the ground directly in front of the tires to induce the loss of grip.
          ya maybe induce the slide, but think about it, when drifting the tires are at about a 45 degree angle to the road, so the spray wouldnt be infront of the tires anymore.

Comment

get 2 sprayers or a wide sprayer.

is anyone going to do this? i want to see how it works out.

Comment

best advice for preventing tire wear?

stop driving so much

It's like asking the question "How can I get 30mpg from a 300hp engine?"

Comment

the guy that won the uscc in the mr2 got like 45 mpg or so and over 400 hp i believe.

i know that that is when he was driving really sloww but still, thats aamazing.

if your really woried about tire wear, get tires that have tread life warrenties

Comment

If you're worried about tire wear, you're in the wrong motorsport, bud.

Comment

if you want to really be usdm tyte, use bleach instead of water (watch the paint tho)

Comment

wow and with this sprayer you would need oh say a water tank in your car. thus weighing it down and what are you gonna do when it runs out? or did you guys plan on hookin it up to a hose...... sorry to be a downer but this is just not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mechaniac
                        best advice for preventing tire wear?

stop driving so much

It's like asking the question "How can I get 30mpg from a 300hp engine?"
                        Why you gotta do that now. The guys idea is great, its a sort of idea thats concept is so simple but its so difficult to concieve once you have it. I think you should try for a patent, it would be extremly cool to find out how it turns out!

Comment

Use glycerin. Or some kind of biodegradeable soap. Like they do on the Mic Rig, when they make movies.

Comment

Unless you can spray down enough water to make the pavement soaking and not just wet you're not gonna get any difference. That will take more than just one sprayer per wheel, and a pump to force it out. Pumps are usually heavy. Also, unless you fill your trunk with water you won't have enough to go for very long.

In theory it's a good idea, but to get it to work will be nearly impossible.

Comment

its been done before, and good luck trying to take that on a track

Comment

Working...
                              X