Owner of SC300 and need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owner of SC300 and need help

I am a proud owner of a 94' Lexus SC300 with everything stock, but replaces the suspension and put on a body kit, also some rims, but the question that always have been bothering me is that if i get the common JZ engine swap, then should i rather go for the 1JZ or for the 2JZ??

2jz

Comment

the sc300 comes w/ a 2jz in it already (basically the supra motor w/o turbos) i believe turbonetics makes a bolt on kit for this car?

Comment

Ask your self how much power do you want to make and would you rather have a high reving motor. If you just want like 400 horses stay with the na 2jz and just turbo it. The 2jz swap isn't cheap and finding a full clip is about 5-6k. A 1jz is cool and i nice motor for drifting becuase it likes to rev and gets there fairly quick other than that its a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* to find parts for if something breaks your looking at a month or two of down time.

Comment

http://www.driftgirl.org/

Ms. Emerald can probably answer some of your Q's

(it's okay, there's no shame on asking a girl about car questions :P )

Comment

I would stick with the N/A 2JZ and finding maintanance parts are no problem for a 2JZ GTE cause you can get it at your local toyota dealership, but thats the problem, a 2JZ-GTE gives you more HP output and its easier to find parts, but the 1JZ i'm still curious if dealerships carry parts for the 1JZ and also is it more reliable than the 2JZ.

Comment

Thank you CRASHDRIVE

The TT 2jz is king, bigger, stronger, faster, etc...period

The NA version is not just stripped of turbos. its not the same internal make-up :

You could get the correct pistons (they are not he same in turbo and NA supras), do sum hole punchin, etc, etc and make a 'Supra Motor' but after all that...you couldve paid for the real deal.

Id do it in this order:

- USDM spec supra TT motor
              - JDM Supra TT (ditch the crappy jdm turbos)
              - Add a turbo 'kit' to your current car-
              - 1jz

And Your not gonna find many parts for the 1jz stateside. A lot of people see the cheaper priced 1jz, but dont think about whats involved with installing and maintaining said engine.

Save a bit more and do the 2jz or boost your engine and have cash to get LSD and suspension
              Last edited by DriftGirl; 01-11-2005, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X