What wheel size would you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What wheel size would you recommend?

Right now I have 225 and 245 on 18x8s respectively on my G35 Sport Coupe (skyline) and I would like to get some new rims. I want 18s so my options are 7.5 8.5 or 9.5.

What is the best size for drifting?

Should I stretch mine on 8.5 and 9.5s?

Or do 8.5s all around so I can rotate?

probabl 8.5 all around, you dont really need staggerd wheel sizes. sport compacts 350 project car had the same size wheels all around and they say thats partaiily the reason for their 1+ g on the skidpad..

i think 9.5 if pretty wide if you have a stock engine. 8.8 seems good

Comment

^ you can get 8.8 wheels?

"Right now I have 225 and 245 on 18x8s respectively on my G35 Sport Coupe (skyline) and I would like to get some new rims. I want 18s so my options are 7.5 8.5 or 9.5.

What is the best size for drifting?

Should I stretch mine on 8.5 and 9.5s?

Or do 8.5s all around so I can rotate?"

I'm confused. You have 225s and 245s on 18x8s? That doesn't really make sense...like one pair has 225s and the other pair has 245s? That's odd.

For drift, if you must have 18s, I'd go with the 8.5s up front and the 9.5s in the back and stretch em. I know nothing about G35 offsets and what will fit and what won't. I don't know if you'll need to roll/pull your fenders. I don't know what kind of suspension you have on it. You have to take a buncha stuff into account.

Comment

I would go with 9 in the front and 10 in the rear. I would inch up to 19s for a g35 but its but to you. Trust me Ive seen lots of S14's go crazier and thats a smaller car. An offset somewhere in the high teens should give you a nice lip. 225 in the front/ 235 in the rear. This is my recomdation if you want to go with a pretty crazy look and youd have to "make it fit". No guts no glory.

Comment

8.5 all around, i have had 18x9.5 on my onevia, and the wide rubber seems to make it harder to break loose, even with 420 hp to the wheels, you can still tell a differance, good thread by the way, just curious...do u have a pic? i love those G35/skylines!!!

Comment

Working...
          X