RX-7 FC Turbo Fuel System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX-7 FC Turbo Fuel System?

I'm planning my FC turbo build up and was wondering aobut the fuel system. I'd have to say i have no clue about Rx-7's fuel system. i plan on having a 3'' intake and exhaust as well as a boost controller. any information would be apreciated

http://fc3spro.com/

Comment

thanks for the sweet website. it's realy helpful

Comment

what about wastegates? do i have to use an external?

Comment

If you're using a hybrid or compressor upgrade turbo, you don't need an external wastegate.

Comment

coming soon:RX-7 FC twin turbo
            so what i understand is you want to build a 13BT twin turbo and you have no idea bout rotories... damn that would be a sweet ride but i would feel sorry for you cause off all the money you spent... if your planning to add another turbo on to a S4 or S5 motor, NOT WORTH IT! if your planning on swapping in a S6 in to a FC body NOT WORTH IT. i would suggest you do some research!

Comment

i'm in the process of learning now. i plan on swapping in a 13B-RE from the cosmo. it's a fairly inexpensive swap, it can be done for about 4000. i wont be doing any sort of turbo upgrade for a while though. who says i dont know anything about rotaries. i just dont know tons about their fuel system. i knew that there are primary and secondary injectors, what i wasnt sure about whas what size to use, and how they are set up.
              Last edited by driftex; 01-16-2005, 03:37 PM.

Comment

4000.00 is the bare minimum cost for the swap and thats with no problems what so ever, you no exactly what you're doing and leave the motor stock. The 13b-re in stock for is not that impressive, it has huge intake ports but its exhaust port are small, and are at an angle so they are a huge hindering factor to the motor. If you're gonna do the RE swap you might as well rebuild it, give it REW housings and a nice street port and ditch the stock turbos.

Comment

4000 for a swap?.... whoa thats a lot of money... if i had $4000 i'd just do a S5 with a huge bridge port, and 3mm seals, a fat ball bearing turbo, spearco front mount, Haltech E6k with aggressive mapping, 750cc injectors (depending on turbo) walbro 255 pump... thats bout $4000 right there if you had a nother $4000 top it off a HKS 6 speed dog box tranny!.... 400 hp at the wheel no problem!

Comment

i dont know where you plan on buying all that but im pretty sure that will be more than 4000 dollars. plus FCs are less expensive. the swap includes intake, exhaust, fuel pump, engine, front mount intercooler, and engine mounts and some other stuff. There is no way you can get an HKS transmission for $4000.

Comment

you forgot to add an extra grand for haltec, plus what ever tuning,ect...

Comment

actually im in canada, so 4 grand for you would be 4,894.11 for me... im sorry what i meant was to do the work myself, the only thing that would cost a lot would be the haltec if i cant find a used one, and maybe the FMIC...

anyways sweet ride if you get it done make sure to post pics!

Comment

the turbo wouldn't cost alot? i dont know if i'm going to go through with the swap any time soon. being in minnesota it'll be pretty hard getting the engine and finding someone to help with the swap. right now i'm sticking with a regular FC turbo II with simple mods.

Comment

flatlander how did you do the 5 lug conversion?

Comment

^swapped the parts from a gxl to my car

Comment

Working...
                              X