what is this button thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this button thing?

does anyone know what the little button thing next to the shifter is?? this is in Richard Tang's "JDM RICE" S15 headlighted S13. btw i like it better before the s15 conv. i think the cwest kit looks bad.

Jockey-shift?

The only thing I could think of is maybe an adjustable rear sway-bar controller. All the ones that I've seen look different tho, maybe he's got some no-name one or something. Hard to say either way...

Comment

mmm not sure what it is. could be a stabilizerbar lever but i dont think so.
      by the way, it is ugly Bomex aero and that is a whole new car. his old red one was totalled in Vegas a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
        mmm not sure what it is. could be a stabilizerbar lever but i dont think so.
        by the way, it is ugly Bomex aero and that is a whole new car. his old red one was totalled in Vegas a while ago.
        ya i meant bomex. I saw the crash with my own eyes, at it wasn't bad at all, he just barely it a lightpost, with minor damage, but i guess it was enough to dump the car. I know its a new chassis, but most of the parts are right off the old car.

Comment

Brake Balance Controller???

Comment

Its for the exaust. It opens a butterfly in line to let out more pressure and raise the sound level. Apex makes them, MMMM like uncorking the headers look at the APEX page you will understand.

Comment

ohhh nice. those would be useful around southern california where the police are itching to give citations for loud exhausts.

Comment

NO SH!T!!!

I've heard of those things before, just never seen one installed.

Yeah the SDPD used me to scratch their itch last week

Comment

Yea they been putting those on hot rods for awhile. Goes from full exhaust to dumps. Works pretty well.

Comment

nice, where can i get one and how much?

Comment

JIC sells them chas might have them too

Comment

you can actually have many exhuast shops make them for you, all it is is a cut out and they place where you want it, the manual ones are cheaper the ones with the electric actuators are a little costy but worth it.

Comment

Yeah we got 'um.

Only the JIC kit is for noise suppresion, it doesn't allow the exhaust to dump straight to the atmosphere past the header.

But yeah, they sell a nissan kit, a mitsu kit, and a universal. All of them have an 80mm pipe diameter.

For more info contact Chas, by whatever means you prefer.

Comment

good deal dudes, thanks. i dont need one now, but i'll check a few months from now. thanks

Comment

In Japan, they race in alot of like, alleys sort-of. And i guess its so it doesnt echo off the buildings. Thats what i got from the internet.

Comment

Working...
                              X