195's on a rim made for 205's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 195's on a rim made for 205's?

is it safe to stretch 195 50R 15's on a rims made to take 205 50R 15? I just got these rims yesterday, so i need some help. Thanks.

how wide are the rims in inches?

Comment

i don't know, looks like 7 in. there mazda 929 mesh rims off of an 87-89 929 i think. Might be 6.5 in, i don't really know

Comment

it will be fine

Comment

make shure to run higher tire pressure though, its not really that streched but its better to be safe than sorry/have your tire debead while your turning

Comment

i check pressure every day, and i can get air at the chevron, on my way home from school,so it shouldn't be bad

Comment

A 195 is actually not going to look stretched at all on 6.5-7" wide wheels. Most stock cars with 6.5-7" wheels actually run 185's. By the way the OEM tire size for the 87-89 929 is 195/65-15.

Comment

Dude when you showed me the pictures of your new wheels earlier taday I was like WHOA. Belive me those wheels are such hot sexy wheels. To bad they dont come in 4lug.

Comment

Originally posted by vigvoodoo
                  A 195 is actually not going to look stretched at all on 6.5-7" wide wheels. Most stock cars with 6.5-7" wheels actually run 185's. By the way the OEM tire size for the 87-89 929 is 195/65-15.
                  more like 205 on 6"-6.5"

195s will fit on 9s if you want.

Comment

there ws 2 sets of mesh rims form the 929, the older mesh ones came off of the 90-99 929S they are 15x6 and come with a 205/60/15 tire stock

herea a pic of the painted balck, these the ones ?

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...9/749385_3.jpg

Comment

yep, those are them, minus the centercap and the silver lip.

Comment

cool, these can also be found on the early model MPV van...

Comment

Working...
                        X