Suggestions on suspension stiffening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on suspension stiffening?

Well first off I must introduce myself. My name's Chris, 17, with a '90 240sx coupe. I have a Silvia S13 conversion comming my way, along with a Cusco lower front radius bar. I've installed a Juran front stut bar and Cusco rear and have a set of mesh Linea Sport wheels (still need to add the rubber).

My question is, what would you all suggest next? I don't want to throw in a SR20, or do any engine mods untill I'm confident my car will handle well. I figure the most common responce will be 'save up for coil overs', which I am, but are there and reenforcement bars I should get? Sway bars?

Thanks so much guys!

yeah sway bars will make a difference but not until you do the whole coil overs etc thing.......on a side note how much adjustability do you think you seriously need and how harsh a ride are you willing to accept if it is your daily driver......i have AGX's and street springs but with the stiffest setting driving on the street is like ur in a vibrating seat......if your on a budget then I'd say just go with race springs and adjustable struts........if you just have to get the coil overs then I'd say go for the sways first so you have some stiffness over stock......damn did any of that make sense lol

Comment

oh and tires for ur rims are pretty important too...hehe

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm willing to have a rather stiff ride since I only commute to and from school and up to the mall on occasion (~10 mi.).

I'm looking into Yokohama's for tires.

Anyone else?

Comment

Do-Luck floor bar should do the trick. See the for sale section.

Comment

Working...
          X