240 Dying!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240 Dying!

When I am driving under normal conditions and let off the gas my rpms drop and my car just dies! When I am sitting at a light my rpms are around 500, then it starts to go blub blub blub and then dies....I tried to adjust my idle, but for some reason it didn't work...I have a Chiltons and followed the directions...is there something else that I am supposed to do? I changed my fuel filter thinking it might be that...ran injector cleaner...please let me know what you think it might be...I have an automatic tranny...it also dies when I am drifting too!

well dude sounds like it might be ur injectors....and did u change the fule filter before u put in the injector cleaner because if u did your injectors could get cloged up so if u did u gota get a new one again and stick it on...what i would do is pull the plugs and see what plugs are wet and dry the wet one or a different looking plug form the rest is probably the injector that is dead....

Comment

I put the injector cleaner in right after I changed my filter...also when I was changing it fuel spewed out from the stiff line leading to fuel rail. That was really odd! I know when I first got the car it had a bad valve cover gasket and oil was getting to the 2nd spark plug...

Comment

Sounds like a bad Mass Airflow Sensor to me...

Comment

Can you start your car easily? without it clicking or anything like that?

Comment

Will the MAF from the 300zx fit the 240sx? or should I just stick with the 240sx's maf?

Comment

not sure...what engine do you have SOHC or DOHC? but all u need to replace is the sensor mounted on the side of the unit so if you can swap those you should be good if the 300zx gets the same readings from the sensor as the 240.

Comment

I have a DOHC. Is there a way to clean a MAF or should I just replace it?

Comment

i got a ka24de maf for sale if your interested pm me or e mail me at stannyboyone@hotmail.com

Comment

Well everyone it's offcial my 240 has died... 1235am last night...it made it's last drift, I drove home and the motor started jerking around and it died...it will start, but won't wont stay started...thank heavens for warranties!!

Comment

Originally posted by sidewaysS13
                      Well everyone it's offcial my 240 has died... 1235am last night...it made it's last drift, I drove home and the motor started jerking around and it died...it will start, but won't wont stay started...thank heavens for warranties!!

sounds like your maf. the z32 will fit however you'll need a filter adaptor, the maf plug, something to control the maf (like s-afc) and the maf. Just get a stock MAF

Comment

what about the vacuum lines? my friend's s13 w/ a ca18det would idle at like 300-500rpms then die in neutral if the clutch wasnt disengaged...somethin like that

Comment

The number 2 cynlinder got a bunch of oil into and it just fried itself...the motor is under warranty so that is going to get me a new motor!

Comment

Working...
                          X