Pair Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pair Valve

I recently purchased a add-on air filter and adapter for my 93 S13. I noticed that when I remove the stock airbox to install the adaptor and filter that there will be no outlet to reconnect the pair valve hose. Will this have an adverse affect on the ECM? Should I connect a small breather filter to the hose, or should I plug the hose to the pair valve? Would it be better to remove the pair valve altogether? I appreciate any responses or recommendations. Thanks.

I have the same problem, not sure if anyone on here knows the solution. I hear its ok to plug the hole, but i dont know the long term effects. I do notice when i play with the throttle with the hole plugged the motor runs a bit quieter. The PAIR valve has something to do with the emmissions and i notice that none of the preformance s13s that i know of have the PAIR valve still connected. I think i'll do a little testing and see what i come up with. Hopefully SOMEONE on here knows exactley what the PAIR valve's purpose is and how to bypass it or make it preform properly.

I'd say just break down and buy a cheap breather if ur really worried about it, because all it seems to do is vaccume the air and measure it somehow. It connected to the clean filtered part of the air box. Other than that, i'm still figuring it out

Comment

Working...
    X