ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can NA/TURBO FC's be Semi-Reliable & Produce Low-End Torque?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who doesnt want a tripple rotor 5-600 h beast under their hood

Comment

I dont know who wouldnt want one. I sure the hell do. I would triple my rwhp and the engine would weigh the same if not less
      -Jeff

Comment

if the car would be fos wangan or street drag racing it would be cool... but in my point of view a prefer a 13BREW single turboŽed....woord....

Comment

Originally posted by bl4rg
          Malcolm you have a bad attitude,

'That is why GM bought the rights to use the patent, but a GM rotary was never produced.'

I am fully aware Wankel patented the rotary. Then GM and Mazda paid to use the patent. Like I said. GM saw no future in the engine due to numerous problems so their concept car never made it to production. Mazda saw a possible future in it for the JDM so they put lots of R N D into it. Dont pop the google thing on me either, I posted on this site in the hopes of someone posting a link to THEIR tuned NA/Turbo FC and THEIR comments on the reliability factor but clearly you havent produced a link. So why dont u stop flaming and actually help someone out.

As far as anti-rotary bias, its a known fact that FC/FD rotary engines when boosted/driven hard need to be rebuilt quite often if they are not tuned right. This is not propaganda, this is fact. Im not trying to be a asshole here, I just want specs/charts/pics etc.. REAL INFO..

DEFINITELY NOT
          "I do speak from experience. I raced a turbo FC for over a year, and learned a lot from it.

For a turbo with 250 bhp, what you want is to keep your porting stock. Raise the boost to about 9 psi. Still, I advise going with a big intercooler. Helps with power AND safety. You can't go wrong. Don't block off the entire rad, but definitely go with a front mount that's bigger than the stock intercooler."

btw: by saying the king had some difficulty drifting the MR , I meant that it was basically the only unintentional fux-up on a drift in the whole flick. I believe the narrators comments were something along the line of 'even the king makes mistakes sometimes'...

Be a tree hugger and if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it all....

Dude , malcolm has more racing experience over whatever you had with the turbo FC. I guess you are the one having a bad attitude. People like you should stay off the 7.

Comment

Settle down ladies n germs

I posted on here for help
            I do not own a rotary, I am contemplating buying one.
            I got lots of flame from malcom for stating common rumors/facts.
            Thanks to all who gave helpful posts instead of negative ones.
            If malcolm has had lots of experience racing turbo rotarys please share this info. DONT FLAME ME. Id rather hear real info/specs/charts than 'go google.com it' and a whole lot of bad attitude. Please continue to post on this thread if you have experience with the NA FC engine. Any pictures, charts, or anything will help me lots. Remember negativity doesnt get people anywhere. I obviously dont know the ins-outs of rotary engines because I dont have one and dont know anyone who does. All ive heard is horror stories and rumors that they require frequent rebuilds and have problems with low-end torque. If this isnt the case prove me wrong, and if you can, please provide proof if possible, heresay is allright, but concrete proof is always better.

Props to the positive people
            Death to the haters and dont post.
            Continue posting please.

'p.s remember the part in Drift Society 1 when they were comically comparing common drift cars in the used car shop?? 'FC , vRRROOOM BOOM, awww, blew the engine for the 5000th time'. heheheh those who have seen it will know what im talking about. Totally off topic and dont flame me. Flame Drift Society and Grip video for putting that in their video.'

Comment

p.s where can I get this 'mazda reman' engine with a 2 year warranty. What series is it and is there any web info for it.

Comment

If you had shut your fool blabbering mouth and listened to the adivce of Malcolm, an experianced racer who as he said ran an FC, you would have learned more then you think or pretend to know. You also might have a clue as to what are the correct questions to ask to improve your knowledge instead of crying about being "flamed". People like you buy a 7, blow it up, cry about how it failed you, and go back to building ricebuckets.

Click this link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=RX-7

Now how hard was that? For a punk kid who thinks he is going to own an FC you sure do suck at typing "google.com" into your browser.

You are clueless

Comment

Working...
                X