ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing Seats. What you use,and your opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

momo acopolis

fits tight

Comment

bride just came out with a new reclinable seat called the GIAS super seat it is carbon kevlar with split-back bolster adjustment. looks really nice. dont know the price though.

Comment

in the R32 I've got... well... stock R32 GTR seats comfy as and well suited to my size.

in the AE86 i've got a fixed back Sparco. Bit too stiff for long hauls, but I hardly do marathon track events, usually its just a few laps of sprint. Reason I bought it was it weighs 5kg and has a CF layer on the back for rice factor

Ceffy's just a family car so it has grandpa seats covered in velour with lace headrest covers (all the more fun to confuse people with when a 4 door sedan starts spooling and wheelspinning down the road).

Comment

I'd avoid the Sparco Speeds.

I have one in my car. While they're good at first, eventually the padding wears down, leaving you to be jabbed by the tube frame every time you go for the clutch, and leaving your lower back to be supported by a bare metal tube. I'm currently looking for a replacement.

Comment

My favorites are the Buddy Clubs and the Sparco Pro 2000

The Sparco Rev or a Kirkey would be a good first seat. I had a Kirkey in my Legacy and loved the fact that I could add and remove padding as I saw fit.

Make sure that your seat fits you well, that it is approved for the form of motorsport that you are doing (or at LEAST DOT approved), and that it is mounted securely to the seat hardpoints or rollcage.

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
              Make sure that your seat fits you well, that it is approved for the form of motorsport that you are doing (or at LEAST DOT approved), and that it is mounted securely to the seat hardpoints or rollcage.
              For road racing you need to have a seat back brace if your seat is not FIA approved. I haven't found that rule for drifting yet, but I would be very surprised if the drifting rules not migrate to match car prep/safety rules for road racing.

Matt

Comment

I'm looking at either a Buddy Club or a Bride. Does anyone have any input as to which one is better? And it would have to be QUITE a bit better considering there is a $600 difference in price.

Zach

Comment

Originally posted by Boostedrex
                  I'm looking at either a Buddy Club or a Bride. Does anyone have any input as to which one is better? And it would have to be QUITE a bit better considering there is a $600 difference in price.
                  I'm not going to be carrying either of those brands, so I can offer an educated opinion with no personal stake. I'm not sure which models of seats you are looking at, but I'm assuming that the Bride seat is the more expensive of the two. Personally, I don't think that the Bride products are worth the mark up, and you can't find them discounted because the distributor profit margins are too small for them to have any flexibility. Bride is just a name that a lot of people gravitate towards, but I don't see a good reason to. My racecar has a Sparco seat, and I love it.

Matt

Comment

Matt,

Thanks for the honest reply. I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't sure. I know for a fact that Buddy Club makes a very quality product, so I didn't think that the price difference to "step up" to a Bride seat wouldn't be justified. How soon is your website going to be up? I'd like to check out what you'll have for sale. Hopefully I can do some business with you in the future. If you carry RX-7 related parts then I'd be more than happy to do business with you.

Zach

Comment

I can tell you from personal experience that the Buddy Club seat is an excellent seat.....that's the seat JR runs as well

i've also had the chance to experience a Bride reclineable seat....definitely the most supportive reclineable seat i've ever sat in......if you need something that reclines i would say w/o a doubt you need a Bride......its the only reclining seat i've ever sat in that actually had plenty of lateral support

There is also the new Bride seat that has just come out.....the Super Low Position seat......if you're a rather tall person it might be worth checking out

Late,
                      Daniel

Comment

i use a sparco ultra seat. not very popular but it is way better than the cheap speed bucket. the ultra was my first seat and i had a friend make custom brackets. i sold it with my car and now i have another ultra. it's snug enough for me but i might get the sparco pads to make it a little more snug like i did on my first one.

Comment

Working...
                        X