ODBI To ODBII on S13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODBI To ODBII on S13

If you installed a OBII Adapter on your S13 240 would it then be possible to install a KA Turbo on a KA24DE Engine? Haven't seen this answered anywhere.
    Last edited by Crabapple; 02-08-2005, 07:47 PM.

I always thought that OBD I was easier to hack?

Comment

I don't see it being a problem. Since greddy makes a bolt on kit for the 97 to 98 240sx with OBD 2... You just gotta get the e manage or find some piggy back for the ecu.

Comment

I was wondering if maybe there was some other differnces in the engine besides the new interface that would cause it to be incompatiable

Comment

i already investedgated doing this. there are many more sensors on the obd2 that is not just wiring, sensors and sendors and stuff.

also, doing this and getting the greddy kit will not yeild a legal turbo 240, the greddy kits are still illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by sdtouge
            i already investedgated doing this. there are many more sensors on the obd2 that is not just wiring, sensors and sendors and stuff.

also, doing this and getting the greddy kit will not yeild a legal turbo 240, the greddy kits are still illegal.
            Legality isn't really what I'm worried about here, but is it physically possible to do? The only sensor I see that might give a problem is the Oxygen sensor near the catalytic converter, but couldn't there be a way to disable this sensor within the scanner itself? Could any computer based scanner(handheld or PC) possibly do this?

Comment

i found some guy that did obd2 to obd1 conversions for the s14, i wa emailing back and forth with him for a while and they are more sensors, i dont know haw many, its also the cams (less duration for lees emitions) and ecu.

why do you want to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by sdtouge
                i found some guy that did obd2 to obd1 conversions for the s14, i wa emailing back and forth with him for a while and they are more sensors, i dont know haw many, its also the cams (less duration for lees emitions) and ecu.

why do you want to do this?
                Shops are alot harder to find around here that would do a complete swap(and do a quality job) or else I would get a SR20 or CA18. I can do a turbo myself but don't have the time, equipment or experiance of a full motor swap. So this is basically the only route I have without purchasing a whole new car.

Comment

you dont need obd2 to turbo your car, there are other kits than greddy for your car..

good luck
                  matt

Comment

The loctaion of the o2 sensors are in different places. I have a 96 motor in my car, but to run with the 93 ecu, we had to change the intake manifold to the 93, and the exhaust manifold to the 93. THose are where your two problem areas are going to be

Comment

Why the hell would you do all that? Just buy a kit from someone else and bolt it on.

You don't need OBDII to turbo your KA!

Comment

if you want a good ka24e ,ka24de or sr turbo kit for a good price look up nizzx.com they are reasonably priced and have the best looking and designed manifolds for the ka24e kits available.

Comment

For my money you can't beat the NSport kit. Its an extremely complete kit, its very well proven, and it makes damn good power.

The Stage I kit makes about 240hp to the wheels at only 7psi. I have personal experience with several cars equipped with this kit and I can tell you it works perfectly, and they run extremely smoothly and reliably.

Check em out www.NSport.com

Comment

Finally! Ever website I search for turbochargers on 240s I always come up with S14s, unless your doing an SR swap. Thanks for the info guys.
                            Last edited by Crabapple; 02-11-2005, 09:52 PM.

Comment

what motor are you gonna turbo? ka24e or de? and glad i could help

Comment

Working...
                              X