EBC Green Stuff Pads - need a guinea pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBC Green Stuff Pads - need a guinea pig

Okay, here is the deal. EBC brakes is marketing their Green Stuff pads as being ideal for drifting and autocross usage. I have an offer from a supplier to carry these pads, BUT I have no first hand knowledge of their performance under drifting conditions. I am looking for a real, serious, drifter to be my guinea pig so that I can verify they work well for drifting use before I offer them on my website. I'll sell the pads to you at my cost, in exchange for some good feedback after you try them.

Based on the info from my supplier, it appears that these pads are available for the S13 and S14, but not the AE86 at the moment. For other applications, just ask and I'll find out for you.

Anybody interested?

Matt

On a vauxhall chevette forum I post on, those pads are highly recomended.
    I don't think the Us chevette ones match up with the UK ones, but if they did, I'd pick them up. The rally vetters love em.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
      On a vauxhall chevette forum I post on, those pads are highly recomended.
      I don't think the Us chevette ones match up with the UK ones, but if they did, I'd pick them up. The rally vetters love em.
      My source is actually in the UK, so I might be able to hook you up. Send me the details on your car and I'll see what I can find for you.

So do the Corvette guys get mad when you call yourselves vetters? LOL!

Comment

if you can get z32 fronts and s13 rears i'll be willing to try them out and let you know what i think. I've had Axxiss Metal masters before those worked great. get back to me at stannyboyone@hotmail.com

Comment

so is it the front brakes or all 4? ill may be willing to try them out for you. whats the price.

Comment

Originally posted by haya_s14
            so is it the front brakes or all 4? ill may be willing to try them out for you. whats the price.
            I'm willing to do all four on this deal, though my guess is that you won't need that much torque on the rear pads, especially with the amount of weight transfer you are generating.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by tankslapperauto
              I'm willing to do all four on this deal, though my guess is that you won't need that much torque on the rear pads, especially with the amount of weight transfer you are generating.

Matt
              yeah, your right, but i need a full set and i figured if i was gunna try them out, why not try out all four

Comment

how do they do for the street ???? id try them out, but id need to know how they do for daily driving, becaues i do more than drift with this car.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne
                  how do they do for the street ???? id try them out, but id need to know how they do for daily driving, becaues i do more than drift with this car.
                  They are a street/track pad. High torque due to a soft compound, and they don't need any temperature in them to give full bite. I have used them in a Honda CRX that I road raced, but under racing conditions they worn down too quickly. The red stuff pads are the ones for track use. Green stuffs should be no problem for the arrive and drive approach.

Comment

how much do they cost ??

Comment

i'll try it...

anything for a e30 bmw?

Comment

me and my friend will try them, i'm a decent drifter, and enter occasional autox's, but my friends really good, heres a pic from a local event. They would have to be for a MK3 Supra, and an 240sx coupe.
                        Attached Files

Comment

i've used the EBC Red Stuff compound on my car and it was daily driven and autoxed with those pads on it.....i can tell you they are ABSOLUTE GARBAGE......besides the fact that i had better pedal feel with my stock pads these pads were just trash.....they didn't do anything to help reduce my stopping distances.....i was just VERY unhappy with them.....i have a couple of friends that ran the Green Stuff compound.......they all hated it as well......my one friend hated them so much he pulled that pads off after the first week.....he just couldn't stand driving on them

i know that i'm new to the boards and that none of you really know me but for what its worth i would NEVER recommend EBC anything to somebody.......now if we're talking about CarboTech that's a whole other story

Late,
                          Daniel

Comment

Thanks for the replies everybody. I'm working out the costs right now. Since they are being imported from England, I have to work out the conversion rate, and to make sure that I am getting the appropriate sizes since they have different names for many of the cars, and in some cases the cars come with different parts. I should have prices by tomorrow.

For street or drifting usage, you do NOT want the redstuff pads. They are a road racing pad, that require a certain temperature to funcion properly. Without that temp, you will have a soft pedal, and worse yet, an inconsistent pedal. Drifting does not get the brakes hot enough to necessitate a pad with such a high thermal tolerance.

I am currently working with Carbotech to see if we can work out a deal, but there are some pricing issues. I know Larry from Carbotech personally, as he attends a lot of road racing events, so I'm hopeful something can be arranged.

I also *highly* recommend the Cobalt Friction GT Sport pad for drifting, but they don't have a fitment for the 240SX, so I'm looking elsewhere to make sure that I can supply those cars. I wouldn't be much of a drifting parts supplier if I didn't have anything for the car that represents about 60% of the sport.

Thanks again for all the replies. Maybe what I'll do is choose a couple of people to test the EBC pads, and then choose a couple other to try a different pad with the same deal. Hell, we can keep going until we have identified the best pads available for drifting, and then I'll work out a supply deal for them and be able to get them to you all for a discount. Sound good?

Matt

Comment

Hey Matt.....i understand how brakes work.....i was running a set of CarboTech Panther Plus recently.....they have a coefficient of friction of .54 and i still drove them on the street.....after the stop sign type stops at the most the brake pedal was perfectly fine after they warmed up......obviously they were below their intended operating temperature but i was still able to brake perfectly well.......the RedStuff are not as aggressive as my Panther Plus pads were.......they're just a garbage brake pad in my opinion

Late,
                              Daniel

Comment

Working...
                              X