clutch fan: pusher or puller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch fan: pusher or puller?

I have searched around but all i can find info on is electric fans, is the stock clutch fan pusher or puller? It would be more effective for it to be puller because of its location, but the way the shroud is, it makes me unsure.

so, if anyone knows if its pusher or puller, please ket me know.
    thanks
    matt

pusher fans go on the outside of a radiator to push air through it. All engine driven fans in FRs are pullers. BTW pullers combined with a good shroud(SP?) are the most efficent.

Comment

thanks, i already have some electric fans but i am changing to a new setup.
      aftermarket clutch fan from jegs or something (like 20bucks)
      ka24e fan shroud, but i am not shure if it will work because i am in the process of swapping in a ca18, so if it doesnt then ca18det fan shroud
      then move one or maybe both of the electric fans on the outside on pusher mode, to a switch (that i already have wired up in the inside) and just turno on the swith when i am at the track or in traffic or something.

i have been doing some research and i tihnk this would really rock, i will do a little write up on it if it works like i am hoping it to.

Comment

What up Matt,
        So you want to have the clutch fan pulling as it should and then 1 or 2 fans on the outside pushing(controlled manually)?
        Sounds good. I would probably only go with 1 fan pushing. The clutch should be sufficient and then use the manual pusher at those hot @ss DD's for a little extra love'n. I hooked my 2 sucker fans to come on at the same time. It cools the sh*t out of the car now
        Shoot me an email,
        Jeff

Comment

that was my exact plan...

emailed you!
          matt

Comment

Working...
          X