S15 SR20 & 6-Speed into S14?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S15 SR20 & 6-Speed into S14?

im pretty new to nissan. just doing my research before i sell my honda.

my question is:

does the 6speed tranny with the sr20 found in an s15 mate into a usdm s14?
    i imagine all sr20s are the same and therefore they wouldn't have any problems putting one under the hood of an s14, but what about the 6speed tranny?

i want to put a complete s15 engine/tranny into a kouki s14. SHARE WITH ME PEOPLE! let me know whats up.

get the s14 motor, its cheaper. dont waste your money on the weaker 6spd trans of the s15. just my .02

Comment

the S15 6 speed is the weakest box to ever come in a silvia from experience (we now use an RB25DET box in the car). Unless you're after the awesome power of VVT then go for an older S14 engine with an S13 box, which seems to be the strongest of the bunch, although I dunno what you guys got over there in the US.
      Last edited by funkymonkey; 02-18-2005, 02:56 AM.

Comment

ok

well i am only looking for 300whp max. anyone have the specs on the s15? s14? i dont know the hp for either from the factory.

Comment

the 6 speed is the same one that is one trhe 350z. lol. yes its weaker but plenty strong for 300 hp. but find outs wich is cheaper, s14 sr motorset and a extra s15 tranny, or just a s15 motor set.

if you have a s14 you cant just switch trannys, you need to switch bell housings, then it will work, so put the s15 gears in the s14 bell housing and it will work.

Comment

comin from a honda background (I'm assuming you owned a FWD) shouldn't you worry about gettin used to a RWD nissan first before gettin into all this engine and gearbox swapping jazz?

Comment

im trying to do a pricelist to fig out what will cost less. a wrx or s14 built to my prefferences. yes i own a FF, but that doesnt mean i dont own a FR as well

the bellhousing is seperate from the tranny right? then it should be like legos.

Comment

Originally posted by yaya
                im trying to do a pricelist to fig out what will cost less. a wrx or s14 built to my prefferences. yes i own a FF, but that doesnt mean i dont own a FR as well
                Ahh cool, well it depends on what application you want to put the cars to. Rex for too-ghey and S14 for dori would be ideal platforms to build on, but throw enough money into either and they'll work well regardless.
                I'd like to think that the car that's better suited to its application from the factory is the best base to start with and will cost you less in the long run.

Comment

What do you want an SR20 for they sound like lawnmowers, go for the RB20/25 then youll know the sound of true brilliance.

Comment

yeah, jump on the bandwagon and install an RB in your silvia... for drift use.... on a budget...

Comment

if u wana do sometihn crazy, turbo the ka and drift a sports car with a turbo truck engine!!! even though i wouldnt do it

Comment

hahaha, this is a bad idea

just be reaaaally original and dump the motor out of this monster in there!
                        3 cylinders of pure POWER!! lol!
                        Attached Files

Comment

I just got an email from a guy who wants to put an SR in a 350Z. if you want to be different, try one of these

Comment

put a perioxide & ammonia turbine and drift that SHI AT its weighs 35lbs and produces 1400hp. perfect for weight disp.

Comment

Is there a reason you want the S15 motor over the S14 or the non-VVT S13 engines?

Comment

Working...
                              X