Strange Exhaust Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Exhaust Question

i searched for answers first but came up empty, so here it goes. You know how some exhausts just stick straight out of the car, and others have that JDM kink in them. you know, like they are angled up and out a little bit. well i am buying an exhaust that sticks straight out and i was wondering, if i heat it with a torch would i be able to bent the steel piping enuff to kink it out like the JDM style? just wondering, also to kill 2 birds with one stone, any opinions on Motoria exhausts on Sr's?? i cant find anything in english about them. Its a turbo back straight pipe 3" exhaust...lemme know.

thanks guys.

Last edited by TurboII; 06-09-2006, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboII
      "JDM kink?" "JDM style?" *cough* ricer *cough*.. why dont you punch yourself in your mouth, and get some JDM teeth instead
      oh for fuks sake shut up. if you dont know then dont post back u *Censored**Censored**Censored*. this is why i hate forums, because u can hardly ever get a straight answer, and how am i a ricer? u make no sense.
      so can someone please give me an answer as to if this is feesible or not, and if you dont like the idea thats fine, just know i dont really give a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. just dont drive my car, its really that simple.
      Last edited by Battle Drift; 02-27-2005, 11:37 PM.

Comment

lol well the "jdm style" exhaust that ur talkin bout is the angled n1 type exhausts that were made popular in the n1 races. but i dunno if u can blow torch it to make it angled. lol no offense though but it is kinda funny that u said it was jdm but yea not sure if blow torching it can help make it angled. just buy an exhaust thats angled like apex,blitz,hks,gp sports,espelir,etc etc.

Comment

its best to use a manderal bender, not an ordinary pipe bender. you just have to call around till you find a shop that has one. or you can just cut it and angle it straight, then weld extra piping in to connect the exhaust

Comment

I'm a practicality type of man. I actually laugh a little when I see people with those bent exausts and half their bumper cut out to accomodated what normally wasn't suppost to fit. I see exaust as a thing of purpose. If there's a bend somewhere, it was put there to go around something. Bends also decrease airflow meaning more back pressure(not a big factor for a 3" exaust on a pretty small engine).

I can talk about art or beauty on the subject as such matters are of personal opinion.

As far as how to do it? I think Hollywood has got you covered. Otherwise, Hyde has a good point in just buying one that already is bent like you want it, if you don't mind buying another one.

Comment

yeah i ended up ditching the other exhaust plan and im doing a turbo back apexi N1 system. its pricy but it has good flow and a nice sound as well.

Comment

I should have mentioned that we sell the turbo back exhaust 3 inch for $360
                for the s13 and s14

Comment

Working...
                X