ka24de problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ka24de problems

i just swapped a second ka24de into my 91 240sx and im having some problems with it. it will start and run, just not idle. when i start it it goes up to about 3k rpms, then just dies. any i deas as to what that could be and how to fix it?

What year KA was it you swapped? I figure you're using the new KA's ECU?

Comment

the motor is a 92 ka and i kept my same ecu cause its aftermarket....could that be it?

Comment

Try the stock ecu, the one that came with the motor. Also check throttle linkage, probably not the probelm, but its happend to me before.

Comment

i have checked the thottle linkage many times, and its fine. i dont have the stock ecu, so i will have to get one from a junkyard or somehting like that

Comment

Sounds like a throttle position sensor to me - it could be trying to give you more mix but is just leaning it out too much and killing it...

-MR

Comment

http://www.240sx.org/faq/index.html

Maybe you can find something in there, it's helped me out before. If not you can always post a question on the 240sx.org message board, but they're flame happy.

Comment

Flame happy? Where?

Originally posted by Weapon X
                http://www.240sx.org/faq/index.html

Maybe you can find something in there, it's helped me out before. If not you can always post a question on the 240sx.org message board, but they're flame happy.
                Boy, I'm glad this board isn't flame happy Psyche!

I would try dumping the the ECU a few times if you haven't already. Disconnect the batt for 10-15min. But yeah, check that FAQ, there's a lot of stuff there.

Comment

k. will do! thanx

Comment

wont idle and die
                    IAC/AAC adjust screw to 650 +/_ 50 manual
                    TPS set to .5 V
                    Verify connections and vacuum
                    AFM VAC leak ..bad afm trips code
                    DE timing is 20deg BTDC
                    Make sure plug wires are snug and on the right cylinders...mine could run on 1&3 cyl
                    do this all with Stock ecu in place then if all is well swap ecu
                    GL man

Comment

also try using your old throttle body if you still have it. simple swap takes 2 minutes and you have peace of mind that your old one worked (since i assume you didnt have idle problem before?). if that isnt it, yeah try the IAC and MAF stuff. ECU should be fine since 91 and 92 ECU should be the same progrom (can anyone correct me on this?) i have a 95 KA from a zenki s14 in my 92 s13 and she plugged in and ran like a bat out of hell at drift showoff and dd5. only thing i swapped was upper intake manifold, and the power steering pumps/brackets. now i gotta get her back on the road with a new ca18det radiator (2 row! woohoo!) since my stock one is plugged up (i hope!)

good luck on your idle problem, let us know what fixed it!

Comment

Vacuum Leak

Comment

Originally posted by ae86shinchu
                          also try using your old throttle body if you still have it. simple swap takes 2 minutes and you have peace of mind that your old one worked (since i assume you didnt have idle problem before?). if that isnt it, yeah try the IAC and MAF stuff. ECU should be fine since 91 and 92 ECU should be the same progrom (can anyone correct me on this?) i have a 95 KA from a zenki s14 in my 92 s13 and she plugged in and ran like a bat out of hell at drift showoff and dd5. only thing i swapped was upper intake manifold, and the power steering pumps/brackets. now i gotta get her back on the road with a new ca18det radiator (2 row! woohoo!) since my stock one is plugged up (i hope!)

good luck on your idle problem, let us know what fixed it!
                          i am waiting on a new throttle body now, because the one i was using broke (the idle pin assembly cracked and then came off completely), that t.b. was the one from my old engine....when i got the new block, i had to transfer the intake and exhaust manifolds and all the intake hardware and everything like that....

any one know how many/where they are of the vacuum plugs or whatever?

Comment

Get Starting fluid get the car to run and spray it around the intake T/B ect and if the idle raises there is a vacumm leak there

Comment

an easy way is to hook up a vac tester to find out the overall condition on the motor. it will tell you if you have leaks too. there are alot of vac line on the 24E. i will post an online chilton link for everyone and let you know when it is posted. the cheap methad and good one is the starting fluid for the manifold. The Vac tester will cover the headgasket, fried valves, dead cylinder.

i hope you work it out soon and it isnt electrical related...otherwise i feel for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X