S13 1.8 Silvia Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S13 1.8 Silvia Help

i would just like to say hi to all as i am a new member to this forum.

I just bought my self an s13 Silvia with a 1.8 turbo intercooled motor. It has HICASII and all the usual bits and bobs. But i am having a lot of problems with it as in Mech and elec side.

firstly i have the digital dash display wit the HUD. It is suffering some special issues, it comes on when the car has being sitting in the sun for a couple of hours and the internal cabin is above bearable. it dose not come on when it is cold at all. I have had the dash apart and cleaned all the conections and created a new earth for it and nothing is of prevale.

Next i have zero power to the park lights at all and as above i have checked all the fuses and it has no affect. and no reverse lights as well. this might be the result of a 5 speed conversion from auto. this was done long befor i bought it and maybe even while it was still in japan.

Lastly for tonight as tomorow is anoter day. The car has just developed a new caper. It dose not start. It cranks but no fire. We have traced it to to much fuel as she will fire if you clamp the fule hose and wind it for a bit to clear it guts out and then release but under boost she is now inclined to miss.

any help will get me out of the garage and back on the road where it should be. Thanks peoples!

You can e-mail me at grant.healy@ccipope.com.au if you so wish.

Well good to see another person with a Ca18det. First off the electric stuff is prob your wiring harness. If you are having that many electrical issues than its the harness or bad connection with the wires up under the dash. The hud is also notorious to act up like that. Take the cluster out and check all the connections. My connections where really bad so I re-wired them and it came back to life. A lot of times the hud will actually disconnect from the harness by it-self. Dont ask me how but it happens. As for the start up issue you need to check the injectors. They might be aftermarket. Do you have an safc2? You might want to check for any fuel leaks and check your coil packs. CA coilpacks are also notorious for going bad. If you have any questions hit me up or go to www.nicoclub.com and go to the CA section. It will help you out a lot.

Comment

cool man. where do you live? well soldering a new resister into the hud unit has been known to fix it.

Comment

I live in Atlanta. Hope you got some of the stuff working keep me posted!

Comment

sorry guys i am down under in oz but if i come across anything interesting i will keep you posted.

no luck with the spedo yet and i have to fix it soon as i will get a speeding fine if i dont.

I thought i fixed the hard hot start but after changing the heater hoses i am back to step A again. it is in relation to the choke and i found it had bad terminals with a lot of build up on them. cold she starts with out question, but once warm you have to pinch the fule line to stop flow and then crank and release but she runs like a dog (in safe mode or something).

ya any help will get me back on the road with out a pair of pliers. so PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE!

Comment

Working...
          X