S13 RUCA- Needed or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S13 RUCA- Needed or what?

I'll be receiving my Silkroads coilovers soon. I'll be riding on the stock 15 in. alloys for a while. Are RUCAs needed. I know the lower the car is the higher the susp. geometry change will be. I won't be slamming my car. I'd say I will leave approximately 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of wheel gap(in relation to fender). Should I get it over with and upgrade now? (while the susp. is out/durability advantage)....Please share your experiances and thank you in advance.

What will you be doing with the car? For everday driving or drifting or both?

Comment

Both. Mostly daily driving honestly with the occasional drift event. (money and time )

Comment

Comment

id say youd be alright with the stockers for awhile, you can use the the mounts to play with a little bit of camber. all you need is a little neg. and youll be alright

Comment

he doesnt need a little negative camber, he need positive after he lowers the car. When you lower it, you will have a ton of negative camber, and you need the ruca to return the camber closer to 0, unless you like a ton of camber in the back, and you dont mind getting new tires every 3-4 months. Your stock ruca will adjust a little, but not a whole lot so you will still have negative camber without adj. ruca. depedning on how much you lower it, your stockers might make it bearable.

Comment

I suppose i'll find out when I lower the car and try get an alignment done thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by raging panda
                he doesnt need a little negative camber, he need positive after he lowers the car. When you lower it, you will have a ton of negative camber, and you need the ruca to return the camber closer to 0, unless you like a ton of camber in the back, and you dont mind getting new tires every 3-4 months. Your stock ruca will adjust a little, but not a whole lot so you will still have negative camber without adj. ruca. depedning on how much you lower it, your stockers might make it bearable.
                so your telling me all the thousands of drifters are running at 0 or positive camber haahahah your funny

Comment

i said daily driving like he wanted as close to 0 as possible

with a ton of negative camber, you need some positive to bring it closer to 0,

dont get smart

Comment

Originally posted by Aiki-Drift
                    I'll be receiving my Silkroads coilovers soon. I'll be riding on the stock 15 in. alloys for a while. Are RUCAs needed. I know the lower the car is the higher the susp. geometry change will be. I won't be slamming my car. I'd say I will leave approximately 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of wheel gap(in relation to fender). Should I get it over with and upgrade now? (while the susp. is out/durability advantage)....Please share your experiances and thank you in advance.
                    my question is why dju dish out the dough for silkroads, but your still running stock steelies?

Comment

thats smart unless he doesnt have lsd and a bucket seat yet

Comment

Well man. The car is completely stock. The coilovers will be here in a few days. I wanted very good suspension, so I simply bought it. They're better and less of a hassle than 16 way adj. Tein HE. It only cost me $100 more. *Affordable* wheels are the next purchase after I replace the suspension bushings very soon. IMO money is better spent on suspension pieces and their counterparts, rather than new wheels. On the other hand, I will purchase wheels at least a month after. After familiarizing myself with my car's new found attitude, budget permitting, Kaaz will recieve my business. I have another $2000 in the bank, but I'm saving and stacking on that for a future rebuild of the KA, hopefully end of summer/early fall.

Comment

Oh yeah. What company makes suspension bushings for S13? Is Nismo easy to find? Factory Nissan? Would rubber be best for Daily Driving in comparison to a whatever brand polyurethane bushing kit? Thanks!

Comment

i'd say go with energy suspension i'm sure someone will flame me for this because if nismo this or whoever that but the energy suspension kit is a great product plus if your on a budget it's an even better product the only thing is, is that you 'll have to call them for the kit because they haven't released it on the market yet at least from what i understaned but if you call them they'll sell you it for around $180 bucks thats how my brother got his and he loves the feel of them they're definently worth the money.

Comment

Polyurethane? I had Energy bushings in my civic hatch motor mounts. I don't know about the suspension, but on a hard launch the f@!$%n glove box would pop open. I thought the world was ending (exagerating). But, the dash would shake on hard clutch bangs. I figure new rubber will be stiff, but help the already stiff silkroad spring rates a bit. Some one correct me.

Comment

Working...
                              X