Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Brake

Ok, heres a problem...

My Corolla's E-Brake does not work... I havent had a chance to investigate but I think that its rusted wires.

Either way I want to replace all the wires... I'm thinking of going with heavy duty wire... because I know they will take a beating..

Also I planned on putting a spin turn knob or turn spin knob what ever its called... I have heard you can take the knob from the backseat and use it...

Anyone have any suggestions or could someone tell me which one of those two is the right name....

what do u mean it doesnt work, like doesnt grab real hard or doesnt grab at all. Ur rear pads might just be bad or u can try to tighten up the cable, but careful with that, my friend snapped his cuz of rust.

spin turn knob

Comment

the stock cables will work find...just make sure everything is well lubed and works..and that the breaks are in good working order..

as far as getto spin turn knob..just pull(spin) off the side break button...take out the spring and put the button back on....easy

Comment

Get SSBL's.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
          Get SSBL's.

SS brake lines?? Are you serious?? Thats not even the answer to the question that was asked man. ebrake cables have nothing to do with brake lines.

Did you try tightening the cables from the lever?? You've got an SR5 so you have the drum brakes... make sure the ends of the cables are still connected at each end. Also if you look under the car there's a cable splitter. Check that and see if that didnt unbolt from the body. Check your drum pads... they may need replacing.

Comment

Working...
          X