SR20DET in AE86?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR20DET in AE86?

Is this possible? If so is it hard? What parts are need?

yeah its possible ive seen it done before

Comment

yeah its possible the guys from techno toy tuning have one its in a purple ae86 i watched it drift at the stockton drift day and it was doing pretty good check out their site for some pics of it theres a few good shots of the engine bay so you can see how it sits in there. matt

Comment

The purple AE86 is own by Bau Mac that operates Evolution Motorsport.

T3 car is white AE86 with F20C motor.

More pics at www.em-racing.com

-Al

Comment

4AGE (16V) turbo should be fast enough for anyone

Max

Comment

Originally posted by illegalgarage
            4AGE (16V) turbo should be fast enough for anyone

Max
            I agree. i think the 4agze is a more practical swap. I have seen a sr20det and a F20c in an 86. I guess if you have the $ and the will to do the swap then do it. Granted it will turn out sick but to me isn't the most practical.

cleanest sr20det swap i have seen in an 86. But this car looks like it is babied

Comment

Originally posted by zerodrifter
              I agree. i think the 4agze is a more practical swap. I have seen a sr20det and a F20c in an 86. I guess if you have the $ and the will to do the swap then do it. Granted it will turn out sick but to me isn't the most practical.

cleanest sr20det swap i have seen in an 86. But this car looks like it is babied
              dang... look at those tires... it looks like its been wrapped in plastic

Comment

that car is most def babied. but the sr is sick. the sr goes straight in you have to make motor mounts.easy just make sure its level and get a drive shaft made. and then do the wiring (have fun with the wiring if you want the dash to work it takes a day or two to do..

Comment

Originally posted by HITANDRUNCREW
                  that car is most def babied. but the sr is sick. the sr goes straight in you have to make motor mounts.easy just make sure its level and get a drive shaft made. and then do the wiring (have fun with the wiring if you want the dash to work it takes a day or two to do..
                  Wiring should be the easiest part of the swap, for the dash harness there is one plug on the SR harness, just get a diagram of the 86 dash and it's simple, shouldn't take a day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by C2 Powerhaus
                    dang... look at those tires... it looks like its been wrapped in plastic
                    ha ha, yah they do. or like a cheep dicast coating

Comment

ok I was thinking about doing this with a SR5, will the SR5 tranny bolt into the SR20DET or do I need another one? also drivetrain? will it all be the same?

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH
                        ok I was thinking about doing this with a SR5, will the SR5 tranny bolt into the SR20DET or do I need another one? also drivetrain? will it all be the same?
                        I wouldn't know for sure but I very much doubt an SR5 tranny would bolt up to an SR, but even if it did, you wouldn't want to use it, way to weak for even a stock SR.

Comment

Do u want to buy one ?

i built a stricy drift ae86 with a sr20det (strict drift) not street legal like 300hp look in the classifieds for it

Comment

Working...
                          X