BOV/Dump valve installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOV/Dump valve installation

Hi. Just got a 200sx s13 with CA18DET and want to fit an air filter and a dump valve. The filter seems to be no problem but I am not exactly clear how and where to fit the dump valve/BOV.

I am buying an atmospheric type valve and from what I can see in most engine bay pictures the unit seems to be fitted to the pipe that feeds the plenum (silver unit to the left of the engine block looking at the car). Is this correct? Also from what I have learned it requirse a silicone t-piece that seems to break the pipe going to the intake plenum. From this I believe that I need that t-piece (which must be the same internal diameter as the existing pipe i presume) and the necessary connecting pieces.

Is this correct? any information that you can give me will be a big help. I apolagise if this topic has been covered already but I am a newcommer to the site.

thanks for reading.

Assuming you are buying a universal BOV, you'll need to get the flange welded on to your IC piping, anywhere on the IC piping will work, you bolt the BOV to the flange then run a vacuum line(generally you just get a vacuum T and run the same vacuum line as the FPR) to the nipple on the BOV and thats it.

Comment

Working...
    X