Drift Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Button

"These JDM drift buttons are more than they appear. These replace the button on your e-brake allowing you to depress the button and the E-brake will always release when you let go of the handle. This means that instead of having to thumb the button to release the brake you are able to simply yank up and let go. This drift button is also available in silver or red."-Drift Factory

Thought this was a kool thing, but what if you wan the e-brake to stay up?(when your parking,etc) Does anybody have one, or have more knowledge on it?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by CrazyBadger
    "These JDM drift buttons are more than they appear. These replace the button on your e-brake allowing you to depress the button and the E-brake will always release when you let go of the handle. This means that instead of having to thumb the button to release the brake you are able to simply yank up and let go. This drift button is also available in silver or red."-Drift Factory

Thought this was a kool thing, but what if you wan the e-brake to stay up?(when your parking,etc) Does anybody have one, or have more knowledge on it?
    I don't know if you are serious or not, but on the up chance that you are, you pull the button up and it locks, you can make one for free on your car by just removing the spring.

Comment

its called a "spin turn knob" not drift button
      you can make one for about 5 cents

Max

Comment

Not even 5 cents... we all got some sort of Duct tape laying around in the house just do a lil tape job and it does wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by illegalgarage
          its called a "spin turn knob" not drift button
          Didn't you know that it is a magic JDM thang that makes your car drift when you push it?

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm
            Didn't you know that it is a magic JDM thang that makes your car drift when you push it?
            you mean kinda like the staples "easy" button???
            Last edited by conspire; 04-07-2005, 11:29 PM.

Comment

stop being lazy and use your damn thumb aight~! save yourself 10 bucks and get yourself a steak YEA~! mmmmm..... steak.... prime rib....

Comment

I think this little tools come in very handy. but its not worth 10 bucks
                I got mine on ebay for .99. well it came out to like 4 bucks though. I know for sure its not "cusco" or some famous brand but it works. But then again so does duct tape.

Comment

i think rhys's car has a easy button.

Comment

Originally posted by Sil Beer S13
                    i think rhys's car has a easy button.
                    Nope he has the "cheesy" button.

Spin turn knobs DO come in handy. I recommend them.

Comment

I'm really suprised that "Drift Factory" would advertise it as a "Drift Button" they should've known better

Yes, a spin turn knob comes in handy. If you have a Corolla... Get the button from the back seat (the one you pull when you want to bring down the back seat) and use that as your spin turn knob (works like a charm!)

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                        I'm really suprised that "Drift Factory" would advertise it as a "Drift Button" they should've known better

Yes, a spin turn knob comes in handy. If you have a Corolla... Get the button from the back seat (the one you pull when you want to bring down the back seat) and use that as your spin turn knob (works like a charm!)

The "drift button" term is just another translation from Cusco. "spin turn knob" sounds equally goofy in my opinion. lol. Either way the item works despite the engrish name.

Comment

Mine was the best $10 I ever spent.

Ok fine, I got it for free. But in all seriousness, you need to be able to disable the ratcheting mechanism of the e-brake (just pop the spring off the tabs in a 240), and the knob makes it easy to use the e-brake for its original purpose when you need to.

Its also a source of amusement. Ever have to valet park your car? Watch the guy try to figure out your e-brake.

Comment

haha that is so true.. I gave the valet guy an extra dollar once. cause he was the only one that was able to figure it out.. But i've had guys literaly turn off the car and put it in gear so it won't roll

Comment

Originally posted by Stannyboy
                              haha that is so true.. I gave the valet guy an extra dollar once. cause he was the only one that was able to figure it out.. But i've had guys literaly turn off the car and put it in gear so it won't roll
                              They do that every time with mine, but only after being confused for a while first. I guess you got a smarter monkey then I have gotten. Maybe you even got a chimp!

Comment

Working...
                              X