New Clutch..open to idead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Clutch..open to idead

I've been teaching my gf to drive stick in my 240.. So now i'm looking for a new clutch, i don't want to just do stock because i beat on my car and i will kill an oe clutch. i have heard of people using the flywheel from the nissan pickup in the 240. you have it machined to be lighter and get it drilled for the set pin in the 240. then you can put a larger surfaced clutch for much cheaper, has anyone here done this? if not what do you recommend for a street clutch with more grab than stock that won't break the bank.
    Last edited by Warped; 04-08-2005, 07:58 AM.

well you can get singles for pretty cheap, i like the exedy hyper single, sprung hub, 400hp and less limit, i think benson has one on his personal sil80, but ya thats just my two cents. it even comes with a flywheel

Comment

honestly, you'll have to look around for the best bang for your buck for your 240. I know that for the FC, ACT makes many models of clutches for very reasonable prices that are good quality as far as i know, so you could look into them, or else find what goes around look for reputable companies and good prices.

Comment

act and exedy make great street clutchs. I personally use the hyper single exedy in my daily drift and driven car thats in my sr tranny. Works great and grabs well. Some might feel its a bit harsh. But I know they also make a good street one if you don't wanna spend that much on a hyper single get a 4 puck. RPS clutchs makes some pretty decent ones for the ka if you can't get a hold of a exedy one. Good luck with that.

Comment

I make custom drift clutches
          Although it is not as cheap as other brands out there
          It is the only clutch made specifically for drifters by drifters

Max

Comment

Go with illegal garage

Comment

how street-able are they and how much?

Comment

Originally posted by driftex
                how street-able are they and how much?
                i have one in the mail right now.....from what i've heard from everyone they're VERY streetable adn take an incredible beating over and over and over again

Comment

Working...
                X