Figuring out vehicle weight for cage specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figuring out vehicle weight for cage specs

Is there a published weight or formula for the weight of cars? I'm getting ready to build a cage for a FC RX7 and need to know if there's a classified weight for the car? In Club Racing the weight is 2250 in Production, in IT it's 2680 so the cars can vary quite a bit.

So... is the weight published or is the weight based on individual cars????

It all depends on what class you are going to run the car in, and what their requirements for cage design are. different classes allow different minimum weights. If you are trying to find the weight of your specific vehicle as is, just go to a recycling yard or junk yard with a drive on scale and it will tell you your vehicles weight.

Comment

Thanks! Ive got an email in to the techs at SCCAPro, but so far no response.

I haven't been able to find any class breakdowns in any of the rules that the customer has provided me.

I just didn't want to over-tube the car weight wise if I didn't need to.

Comment

just go 1 5/8x .095 or 1 3/4x .095, you should be good. They dont really check the car's weight.

In drifting, they are not too strict on the cage rules yet. Too much pipe and you add too much weight. Basic rule is make the cage legal but not too much more. You can weld to the body unlike IT rules also so throw a few gussets in there.
        Last edited by AlexPfeiffer; 04-21-2005, 08:23 PM.
        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Working...
        X