Any of you guys running a welded dif?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you guys running a welded dif?

im using an LSd from a supra but i need a more aggresive LSD for my truck.. i have an old dif laying around...
    i was thinking of just welding the spiders together..
    its not my daily driver....
    what do you guys think?

Welded diff has its pros and cons.
    But yeah I would say go for it why not. It gives sweet oversteer, just takes getting used to.

Comment

my friend's 240 has a welded diff. not recommended for daily driving but for drifting it rules.

the damn thing rattles so much when you go into 1st that it feels and looks like you don't know how to drive stick. ha!

Comment

im putting mine in in a few minutes, ill tell you how it is later.

Comment

Just buy a good LSD
          its worth it to buy a good LSD rather than a welded diff
          sure a welded diff is good cheap fun
          i would only go that route if i didnt want to spend a dime on the car as was only using it for "mudding"

Max

Comment

welded diff is definately the BEST cheap way to go as far as non street car, even if it is a street car it still rules.

Comment

Originally posted by AllMotorKing
              my friend's 240 has a welded diff. not recommended for daily driving but for drifting it rules.

the damn thing rattles so much when you go into 1st that it feels and looks like you don't know how to drive stick. ha!
              i've been running a welded diff for a couple of years. but my 240 is just a track car. and theres no rattling when putting it in first.

it'd be fine for dialy driving too. but driving in the rain might be a different story if you drive like an asshole.

but theres nothing bad about a welded diff if you know what youre doing.

i'd rather spend 70 bucks for a welded than 800 for a diff anyday.

Comment

Yeah i have ridden in a car with a welded and ne with a clutch type and i'll tell you i perfer the welded its just so smooth when transistioning to oversteer.

Comment

Working...
                X