Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sr20det help ???

just wondering if anyone has had this problem or knows any idea about:

at about 5000rpm the car sounds like its hitting rev limit... bububub bub buubu sound. doest happen without a load. and only happens if i floor the gas pedal... if i only put the pedal down halfway it boosts fine but as soon as i go past that certain point on pedal position i lose power and the car starts running like crap. car has a reytek standalone with a greddy emanage. thing is that i put the old ecu back in and still the samething... so it cant be the computer or the map sensor. also has hks fuel pump which was swapped out to see if that would fix it but still the same. same thing with the nismo fuel regulator, set to 60 psi. also swapped entire fuel rail still the same thing. im pretty sure its something with fuel. coil packs all checked good, throttle position sensor check out. not sure whats left any ideas or advice is appreciated. also does anyone know what controls the fuel pump... you know when you first turn the key.. you can hear the fuel pump come on but then it stops until you start... is it the egi pump relay?

Originally posted by sil180sx
    just wondering if anyone has had this problem or knows any idea about:

at about 5000rpm the car sounds like its hitting rev limit... bububub bub buubu sound. doest happen without a load. and only happens if i floor the gas pedal... if i only put the pedal down halfway it boosts fine but as soon as i go past that certain point on pedal position i lose power and the car starts running like crap. car has a reytek standalone with a greddy emanage. thing is that i put the old ecu back in and still the samething... so it cant be the computer or the map sensor. also has hks fuel pump which was swapped out to see if that would fix it but still the same. same thing with the nismo fuel regulator, set to 60 psi. also swapped entire fuel rail still the same thing. im pretty sure its something with fuel. coil packs all checked good, throttle position sensor check out. not sure whats left any ideas or advice is appreciated. also does anyone know what controls the fuel pump... you know when you first turn the key.. you can hear the fuel pump come on but then it stops until you start... is it the egi pump relay?
    Chris...Give me a call, I just ot back to Oki...Dave

Comment

might sound a little noobish of me, but are the wires working correctly? check the resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by pony
        might sound a little noobish of me, but are the wires working correctly? check the resistance.
        yea ohm coil packs,tps,map,boost sensor... pretty much everything... pretty sure its got something to do with fuel... just cant figure it out. anyone know what the egi relay controls the one next to the egi pump relay(controls fuel pump) or know where to get schematics at?

Comment

Originally posted by HitAndRun
          Chris...Give me a call, I just ot back to Oki...Dave
          yo man is your # still the same? i keep trying to call it but i get that japanese girl pm me with your new # or i will just keep trying to call the old one

Comment

Try checking the tps. cause that tells the ecu what you want to do with the throttle, which will decide if you want more gas for go or just chillen at a light. And make sure the the resistance grows or decreases like its suspose to through out the whole thing.
            Last edited by stolen; 05-11-2005, 06:11 PM.

Comment

id say yea it is with fuel but check everything electrical with the fuel system. i dont think its the fuel pump, unless its over working itself and just stopping after that certain spot. check for smoke ouuta the pipe when its running at high rpms. the car just may be running really rich for some reason and killing your power.

Comment

Sounds like a boost leak

Comment

Hi sil180sx,

Just wondering, have you solved your 5000rpm problem? If so, do you mind to let me know how?

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                  X