Need Sr20det Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Sr20det Help...

My friend and I have finally installed his sr20det into his 240; we've been waiting about 2 weeks for his hotpipe and b.o.v. and it arrived today...It will start up but it won't rev over 3000rpm and it is running very rich...Does anyone know what is going on???Please help as soon as possible thx.

Its either the MAFS or theres a leak in the Intercooler piping...check and recheck the piping...go thru all the piping while its idlign and spray ethyl all over the piping...if the engine revs up for no reason while your doing that you know you have an IC leak!

Comment

Originally posted by flmaster36
      My friend and I have finally installed his sr20det into his 240; we've been waiting about 2 weeks for his hotpipe and b.o.v. and it arrived today...It will start up but it won't rev over 3000rpm and it is running very rich...Does anyone know what is going on???Please help as soon as possible thx.

If you installed an aftermarket blowoff and you are still running the side mount intercooler, you have to remember to cap off the old original blowoff or it will leak from there. If this doens't help PM me...Dave

Comment

It's your MAFS, when your mafs is wired improperly or is receiving a more or less 'bunk' signal it puts the ECU into "safe mode" and doesn't allow the car to run above 3K rpm.

Comment

Working...
        X