FC3S 3" cat-back???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC3S 3" cat-back???

could i ptu a 3" cat back exhuast system on my N/A 1987 FC without lowering compression? i was thinking about getting a Apex N1,or a Top Fuel.just not sure if it would ruin the tourque that i dont have lol

its not going to change the engines compression, you mean backpressure. it probably wont make a noticeable difference either way. the effect of backpressure on power is still up for debate...

Comment

Just make sure you are careful when you upgrade the cat forward on your exhaust. Your 6-ports are activated by exhaust backpressure, and if you run straight exhaust to the catback, your 6-ports will not activate correctly. The N1 gives good high end gains, but you will not notice any low end gains. The best upgrades on an N/A FC is a light flywheel, good clutch, good catback, Racing Beat header or cat replacement pipe with presilencer (still allows 6-ports to operate) and drop in K&N airfilter or similar for power gains.

Comment

NHDrifter

Dave knows what he is talking about.

Hey Dave...this is Dominic...I spoke w/ you a few months back regarding the cryo services and sandrails. Hope all is well. Will talk to you soon. Hope I get a chance to see your cars at the track some time soon.

Dom

Comment

Dominic! Good to hear from you. I will be with the Falken guys this coming race at ATL for round 2 of the Formula D series. Tony, the driver, should really do well now that he has the car better setup and more seat time. Should be a really good time!

Just for some more reference, I would put my money on a stock FC with a light flywheel vs a stock FC with an exhaust if they were the same N/A cars anyday

If anyone here is going to road atlanta, come find me and say hey!

Comment

sweet!...thank you so much for the help wish i could make to that event your talking abou...im so far away(New Hampshire) from most drifting events its not even funny...lol

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedMachine
              Dominic! Good to hear from you. I will be with the Falken guys this coming race at ATL for round 2 of the Formula D series. Tony, the driver, should really do well now that he has the car better setup and more seat time. Should be a really good time!

Just for some more reference, I would put my money on a stock FC with a light flywheel vs a stock FC with an exhaust if they were the same N/A cars anyday

If anyone here is going to road atlanta, come find me and say hey!
              Whoa! You're making it to races now? I thought you were forever stuck at your work! haha. Good to hear that you'll be there. Too bad I will not be...unless I can convince the guys from Falken to foot the bill...

Have a great time there. I wish I could be there. The guys at Falken have always welcomed me.

Dom

Comment

Working...
              X