porsche drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• porsche drifting

I have a new project guys!!! I bought a 944 porsche and i have a few things i know i am going to do: custom twin turbo, ported and polished head, short shifter, v-mount setup, upgraded fuel system, apex'i electronics, lsd, volks, widebody and mad paint job!!! Tell me what you guys think, the good, the bad, and the ugly!!!! hope you could even give me a few links to good porsche products and things i might have left out in my list!!!!!!!!

thanx and good drifting

personally i think it'd be badass..My opinion may not be of much value,but i think it'd be a breath of fresh air.I love all the current cars that are being used in drifting please don't get me wrong,but a porsche wouldn't hurt either.I believe that there is someone on the forum who has a 944 and has drifted it and continues to drift it too.I forgot though.Maybe you can get ideas from him?

Comment

Hi, the 944 is a 4 cylinder there are no twin turbos for it, a single turbo yes but definatly no twin turbos, I don't think volks makes wheels in Porsche's bolt pattern. Good luck and I hope you've lots of cash.

Comment

Good Luck

Good luck with that Twin Turbo setup. The V-Mount idea you can chuck out the window cause the motor is pretty much shoehorned in there as it is. Your best bet is trying to finding a unmolested 944 Turbo and put a coil over kit and strut braces and you'll have a pretty responsive car. When I had my 944 I ordered parts from mike at www.9xauto.com they also carry the GT Racing wide body kits.

Comment

How much money do you have? Suspension kits for Porsches are expensive, let alone putting it through the abuse of drifting! There was a person who did post a 944 drifting and it was done well but its pricey, but its awesome that people are drifting that car. Personally I think its one of the sexiest looking cars from the 80's on the street. So much potential from all Porsches but that one specifically. Hope it goes well!

Comment

1. I know you ARE NOT going to do this.
            2. What suspension do you plan on using?
            3. Single turbo is WAY better than twin for drifting.

Comment

this dude RYAN from SRO drifts one. i think he was at the NCDA event. cause i saw a clean blue 944 drifting at the last event. 944s are awesome. you don't need turbos and stuff to drift. just some mild suspension and a good LSD. i'm sure they came with LSD stock... its a porsche...

Comment

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&highlight=944

Comment

1. I know you ARE NOT going to do this.
                  thanx alot for the coment man, if ur gonna put sumthin up like that, at least say it nicer, jerk

Comment

Hehe.... well do you have pics of the Porsche? Maybe you can contact the guy to the link I sent you, help each other out. Like I said before, I love those Porsche 944's, sexy sexy sexy.

Comment

havent bought it yet, thought i would herer ur thoughts, its sooooo sexy, i have 7000 to start,

Comment

Sup Guys, i'm right here. I run http://www.sromagazine.com and try to hit up every drift event. The 944 is a great car. I don't have any engine mods, and very light suspension mods. It's a great car to learn in.

Here's a video clip from the last NCDA event. My battery died but i got most of the run. Enjoy! I'm coming in at 3rd gear doing about 75-80mph.

Watch the movie here:
                        http://www.sromagazine.com/movies/ryandrift.wmv

Comment

Wow nice car Ryans, you speak of light suspension, can you tell us what it is? How much did you spend in total for it??!

EDIT- I found them!
                          Koni Yellow Shocks $600 / Set
                          automotion springs (front) 200 pounds. $200
                          Rear Turbo Sway Bar $90 used.
                          Engine is stock
                          Upper Strut Bar $75
                          17 Inch Wheels. They were like $1200 with tires shipped from Tirerack.
                          255/40/17's on the rear
                          225/40/17's on the front
                          STR Muffler $100.

Cosmetic mods are
                          autometer guages
                          sparco steering wheel
                          sparco seat belts
                          Recaro SRD Seats
                          Autopower Roll Cage
                          Viper Blue Paint
                          Piaa Lights
                          Side Skirts
                          Hood Scoop
                          Last edited by NismoSigma; 05-04-2005, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 240silvia

thanx alot for the coment man, if ur gonna put sumthin up like that, at least say it nicer, jerk
                            Ok well, im sorry. So anyways, if you have 7000 to start with, is there any way that I can convince you to buy a 240sx? You can buy one and get suspension+diff. and maybe a cuple other things with the left over money. If your just starting out drifting, a 240 is your best bet.....

Comment

i've had one, s13, tryin something a lil different

Comment

Working...
                              X