Here we go again, fc idle prollems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again, fc idle prollems

i blew my alternator belt on my fc and after i replaced it i noticed that the belt i replaced ti with it alot shorter. now the car idles at 3000 rpm as oposed to 750. could the belt have anything to do with it? or could i just need to reset my ecu.

...belt length shouldn't have anything to do with idling, check to make sure everything is connected properly, something could be disconnected/loose...

Comment

are you talking about right when u start it up or does it idle at 3k when it's at operating temp? check for vac. leaks, sounds like the problem.

Comment

yea at op. temp. it idles a lil under 3000, idk it varies. today it was idleing at 2.... could the fact that the first time i started it after reseting the ecu the hood was off? extra air? or maybe a throttle cable stuck.... imma check

Comment

Sounds like you either bumped the TPS out of whack, or the rod to your OMP is stuck on something. It happens alot when working around the alternator. Check those things and you should find your trouble.

Comment

Working...
          X