Do YOU know why... cause I sure don't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do YOU know why... cause I sure don't

I have a 91 240sx(ka24de) that wont idle right, when I first start it up it idles around 1200 rpm, I think this is to help warm it up, then it drops to the 500-700 rpm range but it bounces around, now lets say the engine is warm and I am ready to drive it around, well it runs great while the clutch is engaged so great that I had the speedometer needle past 110 and touching the bottom part of my display at 5000 rpm in 5th gear but the problem is when I put the car in nuetral and hit the brakes to slow down the engine drops to idle then revs itself up to 2000-3000 rpm then drops back to the bouncy idle and when the car is at idle if I were to press and release the throttle in a split second it would still rev up like that and when the A/C is on the car does the rev thing but will stay reved for however long it wants to unless I turn the ac off. the check engine light does not come on and yes the bulb does work, I did the ecu self diagnostic thing and it said "all is cool" The car has given me these problems since the first day I owned it it was a auto when I bought it it is now a 5 speed with the auto ecu still. any help would be great.

lol im far from an expert but i would say get rid of the auto ecu.

Comment

I just found out my timing chain is loose, but would that cause the weird reving? I cant seem to find any info about this in my fsm.

Comment

lol get that ecu out of there...

Comment

do you guys think my ecu is broken or do you think I just need a 5 speed ecu because I now have a 5 speed tranny unless it is malfunctioning the ecu should not be a problem because the car was giving me these problems when it still had the auto tranny.

Comment

i dont think that it has anything to do with the auto ecu. i have a manual and it does the same thing. is there any aftermarket parts on your car?>

Comment

Check your IAC valve. I had the same problem.

Comment

the timing would affect the jumps in the a/c but the 750-500 idle bounce, sounds like a vacuum leake somewhere. my rx7 used to do that.

Comment

Working...
                X