Tail Lights Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail Lights Not Working

My boyfriend and I recently bought a 240sx XE 1989. Everything checked out, except we didn't catch the tail lights.

We've replaced all the bulbs and we've checked both fuse boxes (driver's side and under the engine), and still the tail lights just won't turn on when you turn on the lights. The brake lights, reverse lights, and signal lights all work. Also the gauge cluster won't light up either, but the digital speedmeter lights up. And since its an auto at the moment, that won't even light up either.

What could be the problem?

www.club240.com You'll get a lot more help over there

Comment

so the brake lights work and the tail lights don't so check the power wires/w a test light. If power is coming on where its suppose to be then maybe the switch is bad or a wire got pinched. get a fsm and follow the wire diagram to see what wires you need to look for. If all else fails just run a switch to the tail lights.

Comment

i think u should check wiring harness... it probably is a shorted wire. if not you can just run a wire from your battery in your engine bay... not the one in the truck cause it will eventually run out of power cause theres nothing charging it. (run a wire from battery in your engine bay to fuse then run the wire from that to a switch than to the lights. worst come to worst get a wiring harness diagram for your car and get a volt meter or a test light and check the wire from front to back) or go to your local anime club and ask around ill bring a multimeter.

read that!
        http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine.htm

ps get a honda! nissans suck! everyone wants a sr20 yet not many people have them. a b series swap is way more common and it pulls alot harder than a 240. drifting is for people who dont know how to build a motor. so they just relay on there skills as a driver. the best drifters always know there car better than anyone else. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* nissan *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* this board!

this was not posted by sil80dude. this is JDMCRAIG!

Comment

first of all DRIVING SKILLS OVER POWERFUL MOTOR ANYDAY !!!!!!!!!!! and on the tailights issue, my fc did the same thing. it was a shorted wire. my headlamp motors dont work so i just wired the tailights the the headlamp, it works. kinda ghetto, but it works.

B series swaps are TOO common, and so are sr20 swaps. go out and find something unique lol. like a 510 with a ca18
          Last edited by GotNismo?; 05-19-2005, 10:01 AM.

Comment

you probably fixed it by now, but the same thing happened on my 200. it was just a bad connection in the switch itself. all i did was take the cap on the signal off, and take the little springs out. then i just pulld em a little longer, so the copper was touching copper, and the connection to the tail lights was back.

Comment

Working...
            X