Compression Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compression Question

Hi guys, I was just wondering if having lower compression on a ka without turboing it will make it loose a lot of horsepower? My ka blew and I found a really great deal on a ka that has only 50,000 miles. It was rebuilt with lower compression rods, pistons, and bearings and a polished head. The seller says it has 8.9:1. compression. Will this have a lot less power than a stock ka24de.
    Thanks, Alex

The stock ratio for the ka24de is 9.5:1 as far as the difference in power the engine you want to buy will have 2 percent less horsepower than a stock N/A ka24de(assuming they have the same amount of miles)
    Last edited by insane; 05-12-2005, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Ok, well my old stock one had like 117,000 miles so maybe this one is probably about the same power even though it is lower compression because it is new and rebuilt.

Comment

possibly built for turbo?

Comment

Yeah, it was originally intended to be turbo

Comment

That engine would probably be a dog across the entire rev band, but the place you will notice it most is in the throtle response. If your gonna get that engine look into getting a turbo kit at the same time. Or find another engine.

Comment

Originally posted by TIREKILLER
              That engine would probably be a dog across the entire rev band, but the place you will notice it most is in the throtle response. If your gonna get that engine look into getting a turbo kit at the same time. Or find another engine.
              You mean the response will be better or worse?

Comment

Worse of course. You will have less cylinder pressure with a lower static compression ratio. In other words less force pushing down on the piston. The engine will feel lazy.

Comment

Working...
                X