Rx7 backpressure question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rx7 backpressure question

Ok, i have a question about relieving TOO much backpressure on rx7. Specifically turbo'd. on a stock turbo 2 motor, would 3 1/8 inch exhaust be to big. this is a turbo back system offerd by corksport more or less its a straigt pipe system. but is that too big? shouldnt relieveing too much back pressure have a negative affect on the poiwer output? or is this exhaust designed for a 400+ hp range? thanks for any general exhaust flow info you can throw at me.

not for turbo,generally less backpressure=faster spool. And a 3in exhaust can support well above 400hp.
    Last edited by theflatlander; 05-14-2005, 01:53 PM.

Comment

the faster the exhaust travels out, the faster the turbo can spool up so the less backpressure the better.

Comment

so the 3 and 1/8 inch exhaust wont hinder anythign?

Comment

Originally posted by GotNismo?
          so the 3 and 1/8 inch exhaust wont hinder anythign?
          just your hearing

Comment

lol thanks

Comment

unless if it causes a vacuum, no it shouldnt

Comment

how is it going to create that?

Comment

Originally posted by dreamdrivedrift
                  unless if it causes a vacuum, no it shouldnt
                  and the award for idiotic thought of the day goes to.......^^^^
                  Last edited by theflatlander; 05-14-2005, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I constantly have the problem of my exhaust sucking things in... stupid turbo spooling the wrong way

Comment

exactly it wouldn't, meaning that it should be fine

Comment

not trying to be a complete jerk man but until you have some working knowledge of the car, dont post... all you do is either confuse people or make yourself look like a fool.
                        I suggest www.howstuffworks.com , its a great way to learn about pretty much anything.

Comment

was that toward me or the other dude?

Comment

You WILL have boost creep... unless you have the wastegate passage ported out (over 35mm) and have a larger flapper door welded on (I'm assuming you have an S4 TII). If you have an S5 TII, you should be fine just porting the wastegate passages out to the edges of the flapper door (but don't port the passages larger than the diameter of the flapper doors). Your stock wastegate spring in the S4 turbo wastegate actuator is a 5pound spring I believe. If you are boosting more than that, then you are getting boost creep.

Your stock fuel system and intercooler will only safely support less than 12 pounds boost on the stock turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by GotNismo?
                              was that toward me or the other dude?
                              no, not you dude... dreamdrivedrift

Comment

Working...
                              X