300zx TT Spindles Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300zx TT Spindles Swap

I'm about to put the aluminum spindles on the back of my s13, my question is this: I know I need the 300zx shock, but how do I need to modify it?

why do you want 300zx TT spindles in the back? the 300zx TT has HICAS, you would be better off with what you have bro.

Comment

The TT spindles are aluminium and they take off 8 pounds of unsprung weight on each side. The only difference is the shock mount. What difference does HICAS make with the spindles???

Comment

seems like your in a drag racing state of mind....typical in the states. whatever dude, what you need is the 300zx shock mount...

Comment

Originally posted by TokyoDrifterxo7
          seems like your in a drag racing state of mind....typical in the states. whatever dude
          Losing eight pounds of unsprung weight is not something drag racing related.

Reducing unsprung weight improves handling. The lower the unsprung weight, the less work the shocks and springs have to do to keep the tires in contact with the road over bumpy surfaces. Simple.

The spindles only cost me 30 bucks and I think its a good upgrade.

How simple would it be to replace the shock mount though? Is this a screw on screw off thing of a complete custom job?

Comment

seems like your in a drag racing state of mind....typical in the states. whatever dude, what you need is the 300zx shock mount...
            Typical in the states? I suppose carbon fiber hoods are just for looks.

Comment

you get the 300zx uprights, get some 300zx shocks, use some 240sx springs and your in business. Goes in without any problems....but i recommend you use a spring compressor...dur dur carbon fiber hoods are all about the bling bling us americans spend to much time in the forums and not enough time on the track... only reason why im here right now is cus im sick as a dog... so its drift time lil buddy! weeeeee

Comment

you get the 300zx uprights, get some 300zx shocks, use some 240sx springs and your in business.
                I don't think you can use 300zx without some modifications. Check out the shell case differences on the rear shock (s13, z32 right):

Comment

all the info you need is here

Comment

Thanks for the link. You rock.

Comment

Working...
                    X