auto to manu tranny swap...help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto to manu tranny swap...help

Okay...this is what I got: a SOHC 240sx motor with manu tranny and ecu. I currently have a DOHC motor with auto tranny. I have never done a swap. I was wondering if anyone has and if they could provide me with a list of parts that I would need to get this done. I've got the manu tranny off the SOHC motor, and every thing seems to be okay so far. I am replacing the clutch with a stage 2 clutch and lightend flywheel, and a short shifter.
    I figure this is what I need, please fill in:

Slave cylinder
    pedal set
    cables
    driveline

and I'm blank from there...

again any and all help is thanked for in advance...

you also will need a slave cylinder, and to cut a small hole in the firewall i believe. then you can use your stock ecu so you have a higher speed cut etc.
    you also will need a pilot bearing to put inside the flywheel i beleive too.
    good luck.
    also, do a search under 240sxforums.com/forums for 5 speed swap or soemthing liek that.

Comment

a new master cylinder may be required too.. i think so the pedal actually has something to compress. i could be wrong. check out if your master has a series of wires or bars on the firewall where the clutch pedal should be. if not id say you have to get a new one. again i could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X