Fc3s brake efficiency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fc3s brake efficiency

ya i have the 4 pot calipers on my 7, was wondering how efficent they are. could i get away with some slotted rotors only?

im actually wondering that myself...

Comment

just get some great pads and fluid and your set, stock brakes are more then enough unless your doing hardcore track racing, and making tons of power

Comment

The stock 4-piston brake system works quite well. It has enough braking power to lock up big wheels with real sticky tires when going straight and stopping.

On my old TII, I ran stock brake system with just EBC green stuff pads and fresh brake fluid. I didn't get the brakes to fade much at Buttonwillow, but going down a particular road, I've caught my brakes fading pretty bad.

People have been pretty succesful with just pads, lines, and some good braking fluid... although I don't doubt some nice slotted rotors would help.

Comment

yea im on a budget with my car, but if it goes it also has to stop, so im just makin sure i can get away with that intsead of goin with all the rotora bling and stuff.

Comment

rotora bling ...lmao...i would kill for a set of rotora brakes.i just finished replacing my brakes,pads,rotors,fluid...they work very well.i did a 50-0 and it kinda came to a sliding stop.it stopped surprizingly quik for me...

Comment

Stock brakes work just fine. Powerslots work well against brake fade during prolonged braking over stock rotors. Powerslots with a good multipurpose pad like an EBC green or Hawk HP+ or blacks and some high quality fluid and some braided brake lines will give you good stopping power. You might want to rebuild the calipers as well if they haven't been in a long time and the feel is alot better when they are fresh.

Comment

Going up to about 300hp, stock brakes with upgrade brake pads are fine.
                If you're starting to push 400hp, the stock brakes start to overheat.
                Extensive brake ducting could get the temps down, but big brake kits would make that moot.

Comment

yeah, like everyone above said, stock brakes should work fine, but i am thinking about contacting brembo, poweslot, or someone and seeing if they can make me up some larger diameter rotors for my FC and then ill just make some adapter plates to acomodate for the larger rotor and run my hawk pads and call it a day.....defenetly looking into it for the rear if i go bigger up front!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricer240sx
                    but i am thinking about contacting brembo,
                    Good luck.
                    We tried to go through Stillen (big west coast Brembo / AP dealer) for a kit, and they quoted us $5,000.
                    I told them to kiss my *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Comment

Working...
                    X